The Centre for Distance and Online Education (CDOE) of Bharathidasan University (BDU) was established in 1992. The main motive of the university is to help society to gain with higher education. There is a high demand for the programs by Distance education at Bharathidasan University. It is a govt. approved university for imparting distance education (UGC-DEB and AICTE)
The Centre for Distance Education offers around 39 programs in12 UG, 21 PG, and 6 Diploma / Certificate Programmes. Moreover, there are 7 Professional Programmes in select disciplines including MCA and MBA programs. All programs get approval from the UGC-DEB.
Key Features of Bharathidasan University
- The laboratory-oriented programs are planned and executed with the same vigor as regular programs. There is no compromising on the practical requirements.
- The center conducts theory and practical classes on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Regular monitoring of the program by the staff and heads.
- Learner support cell to facilitate easy distance learning.
- A repository of question banks and libraries to help students.
- Bridging the gap between unreachable learners and teachers.
- scholarship to the unemployed SC/ST students who are studying in the PCP Centre of CDOE of Bharathidasan University.
A list of different UG And PG courses is given below
|Courses offered||ELigibility||Fees (INR)|
|B.A. (Tamil, Economics, English, History)||10+2 (any stream)||3,400|
|B.A. (Public administration, Pol.sc.)||10+2 (any stream)||3,400|
|B.Com||10+2 (any stream)||3,400|
|B. lit.( Tamil)||10+2 (any stream)||3,400|
|B.sc (Chemistry, Physics, Botany, Zoology)||10+2 (Science)||9,200|
|B.sc. (geography)||10+2 (any stream)||6,900|
|B.Sc. (information technology)||10+2 (any stream)||8,000|
|BBA||10+2 (any stream)||3,400|
|Courses offered||Eligibility||Fees (INR)|
|M.A. (Economics, Tamil, English, history)||Graduation||4,100|
|M.A. (Public administration, Pol. sc.)||Graduation||5,800|
|M.sc (chemistry, botany)||Graduation||13,100|
|M.sc. (computer science)||Graduation||10,800|
Professional courses from Distance Education Bharathidasan University
|MBA||Graduation (50% marks)||92,000|
|MCA||Graduation (50% marks in maths)||1,26,000(approx.)|
Admission Process Bharathidasan University distance education
The university provides admission in the following ways
- The Candidates may avail spot admission facility at the office of the Centre for Distance
- Online Education during all working days, including Saturdays from the website https://www.bduedu.in/
- At all the PCP Centres and Learner Support Centres on Saturdays and Sundays.
- The CDOE of Bharathidasan University offers Postal Admission Facility also for those who are unable to come in person to the office for admission.
All the fee payments to the University (Registration, Admission, Tuition, Change of PCP Centre, Change
of Address, Change of Medium, etc.), are to be made through online payment at the State Bank of India online
portal (www.bdu.ac.in/online-payment). In the case of Demand Drafts, it should be drawn in favor of
‘Bharathidasan University payable at Tiruchirappalli.
After the admission confirmation, a unique number will be assigned to the students. This no. will be further used for all the communication and examination till the course completion.
The examinations are conducted by the university in their prescribed centers at the end of each year. The exams are held usually in April/May. Moreover, for the semester the exams will be held after each semester i.e. November and April of every year. A notification will be sent to the students regarding exams and the same will be displayed on the official website too.
Learning Structure Bharathidasan University distance education
The university provides reference study material to the students. Moreover, important topics lectures are also scheduled at the PCP centers for clearing doubts and good understanding. E-books are also available for the students on the website https://www.bdu.ac.in/cde/. All notifications regarding the classes and exams will be sent by the university to the registered no. of the candidate. The students can also find the question bank in the question paper repository available on the university website.
Students from the professional courses get placement in MNCs with a good package. The university helps the distance students to get placed from the college itself.
At collegecompare you get to know all about distance courses. If you are confused about which college and course to enroll just come to us and get all your doubts cleared.