Dr. DY Patil University is a private, non-profit, self-financing organization, dedicated to serving society. D. Y. Patil Deemed to be a university is renowned for its academic excellence and innovative teaching methodology. The center for distance learning in the DY Patil was established to provide quality education to remote located and privileged students. DY Patil offers online courses in BBA and MBA.
Awards and Affiliation
The university has achieved the following awards and affiliations for its excellence in the field of education:
- #46 ranked by NIRF in the university category in 2020.
- It has been accredited with the grade”A+” by NAAC for the third time.
- University affiliated with UGC-DEB, AICTE, and AUI.
- An ISO: 9001: 2015 Certified University known for quality.
- An ISO 14001: 2015 Certified University. Where ISO:14001 stands for an international standard for environmental management systems.
Online BBA from DY Patil University
DY Patil’s online BBA program is designed to provide students with a broad and strong business foundation, to become business leaders tomorrow. The online BBA curriculum is the latest and at par with the regular BBA program. It helps the students to learn the basics of management without going to college regularly.
Key highlights of the online BBA
- The course is designed by industry experts and updated from time to time.
- 10 specializations to choose from for the BBA course.
- Pre-recorded lectures and webinars for the repeated study of the lectures.
- Study based on the assignment for regular assessments.
- E-library for easy access to the reference books.
The 10 specializations for the BBA program are
|Travel & Tourism||Human Resource||Sports Management|
|Retail Operation||Hospital Management||Investment Banking|
|Event Management||Marketing Management||Logistic and supply chain|
The university divides the BBA program into six semesters. There are 5 major subjects in each semester. The description of the course is as follows
Fundamentals of Management
Basics of Marketing
Basics of Accounting
Introduction to Economics
Environmental awareness and Disaster Management
Indian Banking System
Soft Skills – I
Human Resource Management
Introduction to Psychology
Soft Skills – II
Management Information System
Introduction to International Business
Basics of Financial Management
Introduction to Digital Marketing
Subject related to the chosen elective
Subjects related to the chosen elective
Eligibility for online BBA in DY Patil
The minimum eligibility criteria for the Online BBA program is
Higher secondary education i.e. passing HSC (grade 10+2) examination or an equivalent level examination from a board recognized by the university. Students can have a background in any discipline but they must have English as one of the languages at the 10+2.
The admission process for the online BBA program is student-friendly. It is a three-step process. These are:
- Register yourself to the university by filling out the basic details and paying the registration fees. Once done you will receive a confirmation mail with login credentials. Apply Now
- Next, the student can enroll for the course and upload the documents required with the payment of the fee.
- The admission is confirmed after the verification of documents and payment of enrollment fees. Once the admission confirms, the student enrolls in the program.
Documents required for admission
- 10th (SSC) Statement of Marks
- 12th(HSC) Statement of Marks
- Photo ID Proof (PAN card / Passport / Driving License / Election Card )
- Aadhaar Card
- 2 Stamp Size photographs(not more than 3 months old)
The fee for the online BBA program is ₹ 1,02,200 for the full course. The university has the provision to pay fees in full payment, or installment. A loan facility is also provided by the university for imparting financial aid to the students.
Payment of fees
The fee is payable by:
- The online mode by NEFT or net banking or through credit/debit card.
- BY DD in favor of D. Y. Patil University, Navi Mumbai payable at Mumbai.
The university uses the latest technology and methods of teaching to make it more interactive and easily understandable. The main key points of the pedagogy of the online BBA program are:
Online Reading Material: The study material provided can be easily accessed from anywhere at any time for easy study. It makes reading a powerful tool for learning.
PowerPoint Presentations: Chapter-wise PowerPoint presentations are present in the student portal to facilitate graphical and pictorial learning.
Recorded Lectures: pre-recorded videos of different topics in the respective subjects are put up on the website which the students can access by logging on to their student portal. The subject experts record the lecture and share it in the student portal.
Faculty Webinars: The university facilitates direct contact between the faculty and the students. The students can ask the queries which are usually answered within 24 to 48 hrs.
Digital Library: An exclusive study material accessed from the e-library. It includes vlogs, blogs, e-books, articles, e-newspapers, speech, etc.
Application Based Assignments: The assignments are done on a regular basis to check the performance of the student. Moreover, the students can contact the coordinator whenever required.
Examination in DY Patil online BBA
The University follows a semester pattern of examination for both the graduate and master’s degree programs. Under this, exams are conducted at the end of each semester. The break up of marks is as follows:
- 70% marks for the term End Semester Examination (TESE) and 30% marks for the internal Assessment Evaluation (IAE) respectively.
- The minimum passing pass for the exam is 35%.
The exams are conducted at the different centers authorized by the university.
The DPU-COL has a placement cell that helps students to get placed in different management jobs in various companies. The cell takes care of the internship opportunities, projects, and placement by partnering with renowned organizations and big corporate houses. Students can get a good career start when placed in a good position in the college itself. The different recruiting partners are Byju’s, American Express, Fab India, Kotak Bank, etc.
College compare is one solution to all your distance education doubts. Just log on to the website and get your queries answered by the experts. At college compare, we analyze different colleges offering online and distance courses and bought to you some of the best and most relevant colleges for you.