The executive MBA (EMBA) course is for those working professionals who are already in managerial positions but want to expand their skillsets. The professionals complete these courses along with the job or sometimes they take leave from the job. Executive MBA act as a boon to the professionals as it helps them to understand the basic intricacies of the business. These values and ethics help them to grow further.
What is an Executive MBA?
Executive MBA is a self-explanatory term. The Management program for the executive class to learn the management tactics and skills needed for the growth of the business is called Executive MBA. Such MBA programs are different from the regular MBA. In the MBA course, the student leaves their job and completes their degree in the regular B-School whereas in EMBA the no need to leave the job as the classes are being arranged on the weekends or holidays.
Why Executive MBA
Pursuing EMBA from India has the following underlying benefits:
An executive MBA can help bring new scopes to your career and help you to earn that promotion you’ve been working towards. The EMBA Council’s survey found that executive MBA graduates earned a 13.5 percent increase in compensation—including salary and bonuses—after graduation.
So, earning an EMBA degree can boost your career and opens up a new window of promotion and hence the pay scale.
Flexible study schedule
After reaching such a position it is not possible to leave the job for attaining the degree. But, sometimes these degrees are important. So, EMBA finds its important due to flexible time of classes and study. Most of the classes in EMBA are conducted on weekends or holidays, such that professionals can easily attend them and complete their courses. Moreover, you can also find the examination schedule as per the candidate’s requirements.
The students in the EMBA program are professionals from different sectors of industry. These professionals come together under one roof for learning. This help in building up a vast and versatile network for your future prospect. Moreover, the guest faculty members are also from the industry and from the corporate lineage, so, the students get the chance to enrich their contacts which they can explore towards seeking advice and developing their business.
Convenient Admission Process
Most MBA program takes admission after preparing for merit in various exams such as GMAT, XAT, CAT, etc. followed by group discussion and Personal interview. But EMBA program admission is on the basis of a GMAT score which remains valid for 3 to 4 years. Moreover, you can get admission to the EMBA program around the year. This makes the admission process convenient and flexible.
The full fee of the EMBA program ranges from ₹. 14 lakh to ₹. 20 lakh and 4 to 5 lakh for a part-time MBA program which is a great amount for the working professionals. Some companies even sponsor the EMBA program fee, in order to retain their valuable employees. so, after completing the program the employee as the employer get the benefit.
Executive MBA in India
Many top B-schools in India have specialized Executive MBA courses for professionals in senior executive and managerial posts. Most of these institutes require the candidate to have 5-10 years of full-time work experience after graduation, while some accept candidates with 2-3 years of experience. Here we have made a list of the best B-Schools in India offering EMBA courses.
1. IIM, Ahemdabad
IIM Ahemdabad offers the EPGP program, a two-year online program for working professionals. The course comprises 850 hrs. classroom sessions including leadership sessions. The fee for the EPGP program is 20 Lakh.
- Lectures through 39 Virtual classrooms spread across 27 cities in India.
- Precise and blended learning management program offered by the top B-school in India.
- The selection of the participants is through a planned process that includes a written test and a personal interview.
- Quality interactions with experienced professionals and peer group learning.
- Award of IIMA Alumni Membership to EMBA students.
- Classroom modules are in the IIMA Campus at different time slots.
The duration of the course is 2 years (with the flexibility of course completion in 3 years). For admission, the candidate should be a minimum age of 24 years with 3 years of working experience. Along with it, a valid CAT or GMAT score is required. Alternatively, applicants will have to take IIMA Admission Test (IAT).
2. Indian School of Business (ISB)
The Indian School of Business (ISB) evolved from the need for a world-class business school in Asia. ISB ranked #1 in India and #38 globally for imparting the global executive MBA program. The programs by IBS are POST GRADUATE PROGRAMME IN MANAGEMENT FOR WORKING PROFESSIONALS (PGPpro) and a Postgraduate program in Management for senior executives (PGPMAX).
- The PGPpro is a Weekend Executive MBA (EMBA) equivalent program designed to meet the career consolidation goals of mid-career working professionals.
- The program is offered in big cities Delhi(NCR), Bengaluru, Hyderabad, and Mumbai.
- Participants get the opportunity for one international immersion in an Asian country.
- The classes are on alternate weekends (Sat & Sun) and online modules for a few hours in the intervening weeks. So, no need to take leave from work for studies.
- An effective mix of synchronous/ asynchronous online learning combined with the majority of learning in the classroom.
- The program has a Strategy and Leadership focus with one additional area of specialization in either Finance or Marketing.
- ISB Executive Alumni status on successful completion of the program
The PGPPRO fees at the ISB is 30,40,000 (plus taxes) and for the PGPMAX is 39,63,000 (plus taxes). The course duration for the executive MBA course varies from 8 months to 18 months. The bank loan facility is also available. For admission log on to the official website and fill out the application form. Once verified, the institute your admission will be confirmed. ISB also offers short-term courses in management for professionals. For more details visit https://www.isb.edu/.
3. SDA Bocconi Asia Center
SDA Bocconi is among the leading Business Schools in Europe and is among the few to have gained triple accreditation – EQUIS, AMBA, and AACSB in Business Schools worldwide. The school offers an International Executive Master In Business (IEMB) program for executives.
- Learn in Mumbai from SDA Bocconi’s world-class faculty in International B-School
- Weekend classes for 15 months.
- The school organizes events and meetings throughout the year, both online and offline, where you can interact with the Director and other members of the IEMB Community.
- Two-week internship in Milan offers a unique learning and cultural experience.
- The IEBM program participants are nurtured to grow their potential to become effective leaders.
- Career development seminars and individual coaching sessions
The IEBM is a 15-month course, the fee for the course is 15.5 lakh (plus tax). A tuition fee waiver is available for a brilliant student who has achieved excellence in academics as well as the workplace. For admission, 8 years of work experience along with a valid GMAT score. The deserving candidate gets the call for an interview and selection is based entirely on that explore more @ https://sdabocconiasiacenter.com/
4. Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Udaipur
IIM Udaipur, a second-generation IIM institute aims to set a new benchmark in the field of management education by combining excellence in both teaching and research work. The institute accredit with AACSB in November 2018 and was listed on the QS 2022 Masters in Management (MIM) Rankings and the Financial Times (FT) MIM Ranking 2021 for excellence in management courses. It offers Postgraduate Diploma in Business administration for working Executives.
- an online program where classes are only on weekends and the same things are applicable in real life on weekdays.
- Improved communication skill program Under the flagship ‘Edge’.
- I’m Unique Program under ‘Unnati’ where one-to-one coaching program designed to help participants discover their unique selves with unique purpose, vision, and goals.
- Blended mode of learning for enhancing skill set.
- It is awarded GRIHA’s 5-Star LD rating which is the highest level of rating for large developments.
The executive diploma program by IIM, Udaipur is of 24 months duration. The total fee for the course is 10,00,000 INR. For admission, the candidate must have a degree with a minimum three-year working experience after completion of graduation. The admission process goes on all year round and an entrance test is also there by the IIM for admission. However, the valid GMAT/GRA/CAT/XAT scores are also acceptable. Followed by a Personal Interview. For more details log on to https://www.iimu.ac.in/.
5. NMIMS School of Business Management
NMIMS is one of the premier institutes in India offering Executive MBA MBA (WX) to working professionals who do not want to take a break from their current job. The School of Business Management is Ranked 20 By NIRF and Accredited with a grade “A+” certificate by NAAC. Moreover, it has bagged prestigious AACSB Accreditation from AACSB International.
- Creative and engaging pedagogy with case-based teaching, maximizing in-class participant engagement.
- An opportunity to enhance peer networking and value-added collaborative learning through group work.
- Core courses are designed to help managers enhance their general management skills to emerge as generalists with a holistic approach.
- the participant will be awarded a degree certificate titled Master of Business Administration (Executive) by NMIMS.
- Foundation course: MBA (WX) includes a Certificate from Harvard Business Publishing in addition to an MBA degree from NMIMS Global.
- Core, as well as dual specialization in 7 electives, are available
NMIMS MBA (WX) course is of a 2-year duration. The fee for the MBA (WX) is 5 lakh. For admission, a bachelor’s degree with 50% marks and 3 years of work experience is mandatory. Along with this, a valid score card of GMAT/XAT/CAT is acceptable. For more details visit https://online.nmims.edu/.
6. Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), Delhi
IIFT has emerged as a national university with a focus on International Business Management and Strategy, and such focus reflects in all three major activities of the Institute: Research, Training, and Education. It has also received accreditation from AACSB for the management program in 2021. It offers an Executive post graduate diploma in Interantional Business and International Business Strategy.
- The courses are designed to equip professionals with skills and knowledge associated with international business.
- the course will be taught with the help of case studies, live corporate examples, and general discussions.
- Pre-work and post-work assignments will be given to keep track of the learning pace of participants.
The EPGDIB program from IIFT is a year program for which the fee is around 8 lakh. The admission is on the basis of a merit list and 3 years of work experience prior to graduation. Apart from this, a valid GMAT/XAT/CAT score.
7. Xavier School of Management (XLRI), Jamshedpur
XLRI, Jamshedpur is one of the oldest B-School in India. Academic excellence and fostering integral personal growth have been the hallmark of the XLRI for over six decades. The B-school ranks #1 position in Outlook I-Care India MBA Rankings and Times B School in 2021. XLRI provides corporate and VIL (Virtual Interactive Learning) programs for the executive.
- VIL program from XLRI is in two modes: long-term and short-term.
- Corporates program includes PGDM, Certificate, MDP (Management Development Program), and In-company Programs to enhance skill set.
- VIL program is offered by broadband infrastructure to deliver real-time, synchronous, live education to all the participating students.
- Virtual classes are conducted in the XLRI centers.
- Evaluation is at Jamshedpur, center, and the participant has to visit the campus once in 5 days.
The XLRI course includes a short-term (6 to 8 months) and a long-term (2 years) program. The fee for both programs is approx. 21 lakh. For admission, one needs to log on to the official site https://vil.xlri.ac.in and fill up the application form. The participant needs to have 2 years of working experience and a graduate degree. Moreover, they have to pass the XLRI entrance test too.
8. Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Lucknow
Executive Education is a milestone in IIM Lucknow’s way to becoming a totally integrated institute with a global presence. IIM Lucknow offers courses named Post-Graduate Programme in Management for Working Executives (PGPWE) and IPMX. These programs are running on the NOIDA campus. A stand-alone campus for Executive MBA.
- Learning via real-world case studies, and applying learnings to your organizations at the same time
- Weekend classes to foster the learning of the working professionals.
- The Faculties are the best teaching professors, full of insights, ideas, and best practices.
- A blended mode of study makes the concept clear and understandable.
- Accredited by AACSB and the Association of MBAs (AMBA).
PGPWE is a two-year full-time program for which the fee is 13,55,000 INR. A bachelor’s degree in any discipline or equivalent with 50% marks or equivalent CGPA. along with a Valid GMAT/GRE/CAT/XAT/GATE Score for the current admission year or PGPWE entrance exam conducted at IIML, Noida campus. For more information visit https://www.iiml.ac.in/.
9. SP Jain Global Executive MBA
SP Jain School of Global Management is an Australian business school that provides modern, relevant, and practical global business education. With its campuses in Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, and Sydney, SP Jain are renowned for offering multi-city undergraduate and postgraduate programs. . The SP Jain Executive MBA (EMBA) helps to expand your managerial and leadership skillset, develop the tools to spot and seize challenging opportunities.
- 18-month part-time duration program, for working professionals.
- The participant will be awarded an Australian degree.
- Online study via ELO (engaged learning online) technology lets you study from any distance.
- lays emphasis on strategic thinking, critical analysis, global intelligence, problem-solving, and decision-making.
- Helps in building worldwide contact and expanded networking.
SP Jain institute offers an 18-month executive MBA program. The fee for the course is approx. 14,00,00 INR. For admission a graduate degree with 60% marks and a valid GMAT/GRE/XAT/CAT score. Moreover, the student needs to show a valid English exam such as an IELTS minimum score of 6.5, TOEFL iBT minimum score of 70, and PTE minimum score of 60. For further details visit: https://www.spjain.org/.
10. FMS, Delhi Executive MBA
The FMS has the unique privilege to be part of one of the premier universities world – the University of Delhi. It has been
contributing to the industry, businesses, government, and social sector at par with leading business schools. The FMS offers executive MBA and MBA Executive HCA in evening classes.
- The classes are in the evenings from Monday through Friday but are for a longer duration on Saturday.
- Two campuses of the FMS are available in North and south Delhi.
- The allocation of the campus is by FMS.
- FMS North Campus has air-conditioned library housing over 40,000 Books and Journals.
The MBA executive and MBA executive HCA both are two-year programs. The semester fee is currently approximately Rs.48,000 for the MBA program, per semester. For Admission, the participant must have a graduation degree with 60% marks and at least 5 years of working experience in administration. The application submission follows by a group discussion and a personal interview. Further details can be get from http://www.fms.edu/.
11. IIT Delhi Executive MBA
The Department of Management Studies under IIT Delhi launched MBA programs in 1997. The department currently runs a two-year full-time MBA program (General and with a focus on Telecommunication Systems Management) and a three-year part-time MBA program (with a focus on Technology Management).
- The entire course aims at creating holistic managers trained by a very eminent faculty.
- The Classes are during evening hours (6.15 pm onwards) on 4 or 5 working days (Monday to Friday).
- A well-equipped library with a huge collection of books is open for all participants.
- EMBA program at IIT Delhi has been framed keeping in mind the changes in the business environment and the need of the industry.
The EMBA is a two-year part-time program by DMS, Delhi. The tuition fee for Indian students is Rs. 10.80 Lacs for the entire Executive MBA Programme payable in equal installments (6 Semesters). A bachelor’s degree with 60% marks and 2 years of working experience is essential for admission. Desirous candidates should apply online along with an online payment of Rs. Two Thousand Five Hundred (Rs. 2,500/-) towards application fees. For further details visit https://dms.iitd.ac.in/.
12. IIT Kharagpur Executive MBA
As per the B-School, the executive MBA program at VGSoM(IIT Kharagpur) is especially for senior and mid-career executives to facilitate their progression in their careers. The program aims at transforming executives into better managers, emphasizing teamwork, and cross-cultural collaboration along with leadership and adaptability.
- It is a 3-year program, divided into 12 terms. 9 teaching terms and 3 project terms.
- Around 15 hours of classes on a weekend Saturdays and Sundays. Three-weekend classes and one weekend off.
- The EMBA program offers at IIT Kharagpur, Kolkata, and Bhuvneshwar.
- Studying and working at the same time help in learning in real-time.
- The course includes regular quizzes, Case study analysis,
- The placement process is student-driven and presentations along with group tasks.
The course fee is INR 6,00,000 (Six Lakhs) for the entire course including course material. For admission, a graduation degree with 60% marks and two years of working experience is essential. The online form is submitted to a university website at a fee of ₹ 1000. A further selection is based on group discussion and personal interviews. for further details visit https://som.iitkgp.ac.in/.
13. IMT Ghaziabad Executive MBA
IMT, Ghaziabad is India’s premier AACSB accredited management school with a distinct focus on grooming leadership through Innovation, Execution, and Social Responsibility. It has a rank among the top management institutes in the country. The institute offers Post Graduate Diploma In Business Management Accelerated Program (PGDM EXP) and Post Graduate Diploma in Management for Working Executives (PGDM-WE).
- Flexible mode of delivery with on-campus classes scheduled every alternate weekend with professional certificate courses.
- Among the oldest programs for Working Professionals in Delhi NCR.
- Opportunity to study abroad for a term as part of Global immersion with a partner institute.
- Learning based on Case studies, Role Playing, Workshops / Simulation methodologies, and hands-on practices.
- 100% placement assistance from the institute.
An 18-month full-time residential program with specialization options in Marketing, Information Technology, Supply Chain Management, and Human Resource Management. For admission, one must have a graduation degree with 3 years of working experience. A valid GMAT/GRE/CAT/XAT score is also essential. The application process is further continued by group discussion and personal interviews. For more details visit https://www.imt.edu/.
14. MDI, Gurgoan Executive MBA
MDI (management development Institute) Gurgoan has a rank among the top B-schools in India by reputed publications and agencies. The Institute has earned international accreditation from AACSB, USA, Association of MBAs (AMBA), UK, and the South Asian Quality Assurance Systems (SAQS). It offers an Executive MBA in three specializations: Business Management, Public policy & management, and Business Administration.
- Global exposure through International Immersion.
- The program has five terms of coursework followed by a dissertation project.
- Besides the core and elective courses, the students will undertake an International/ Domestic Immersion module.
- Teaching based on recent research studies and international experience, includes lectures, case studies, seminars, group discussions, business games, role plays, simulation exercises, structured and unstructured group work, and field visits.
- An academic term is twelve weeks in duration which includes a mid-term and end-term examination.
The fee for the EMBA program in MDI, Gurgoan is approx. 10 lakh. A graduation degree is mandatory for admission to the course with 5 years of working experience prior to graduation. Apart from this admission is based on a valid CAT/ GMAT/ GRE/ UGC-JRF score, followed by a PI round. For more details visit https://www.mdi.ac.in/.
Are you stuck between the college choice for doing distance learning? No need to worry just log on to college compare and get all your queries cleared with our experts. We have analyzed colleges all over India and have brought some of the best learning courses for you. So, why wait to visit https://collegecompare.co.in/.