GITAM (Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management) University Distance Education came into existence on a unique date 09-09-2009, as recommended by UGC-AICTE-DEB. The CDL (center of distance learning) start offering 13 distance courses from session 2009-10. The main objective of the university is to offer a quality and wide range of programs through the distance mode. The programs are at par with the regular courses and affordable. A no. of UG and PG courses are offered through the LMS.
Awards and Affiliation
With the span of 42 years of excellence in the education Industry the GITAM University has achieved the following awards:
- “A+” Grade Accredited by NAAC a remarkable achievement for a multi-disciplinary institution.
- Recognized as a “category- I” university by UGC-MHRD.
- ISO-9001:2015 (Quality Mgmt. System) for delivering quality education over years.
- Selected for Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme– II (TEQIP- II).
- Has achieved the 67th Rank in NIRF-2021 University Rankings.
- Achieved 401 Rank in 2021 UI GreenMetric World University Rankings.
- Best Embedded program in India award from CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants).
Objectives of GITAM University
The main objectives of GITAM university are:
- To provide a certificate of government recognized institute to the learners.
- Helps in the skill modification of learners which in turn results in career growth.
- Continuing education for working professionals and rural people.
- Diversification of knowledge in different areas.
Course offered at GITAM Univerisity
The university offers UG and PG courses in addition to professional courses such as MBA, MCA, B.tech, and M.tech.
|BA (History, Public Administration & Sociology)||10+2 (any stream)||9000|
|BA (Politics, Economics & Psychology)||10+2 (any stream)||9000|
|B.Com||10+2 (any stream)||9000|
The medium of instruction for the Undergraduate courses is Telugu and English.
|MA (Economics)||Graduation(any stream)||10,000|
|MA (English)||Graduation(any stream)||10,000|
|M.Sc. (Biotechnology)||Graduation (Science)||40,000|
|MCA||Graduation (with maths)||60,000|
|MBA HRM||Graduation (any stream)||56,000|
|MBA General||Graduation (any stream)||56,000|
The medium of instruction for the PG program is English. The registration and admission fee of Rs. 300 (additional) is to be paid along with the 1st year fee.
|Diploma in Environmental and Sustainable Management||1 year||Graduation||3,000|
|Diploma in Communicative English||1 year||Graduation||3,000|
|PG Diploma in Communication Skills||1 year||Graduation||3,000|
|Diploma in Computer Applications||1 year||Graduation||3,000|
Eligibility for admission to GITAM University Distance Education
For Bachelor courses
The following criteria are required for admission to the undergraduate program.
- The candidate should have passed the two-year Intermediate examination(10+2). conducted by the Board of Intermediate Education of Andhra Pradesh or any examination (10+2) equivalent thereto recognized by GITAM University.
- The candidate should have appeared for the GAT exam conducted by GITAM University and obtained a rank in the same.
- A merit list is made based on the marks obtained in the GAT exam subjects.
For Postgraduate courses
The following criteria are required for admission to the PG program.
- The candidate should have passed the bachelor’s degree of GITAM University or any University except BFA (Bachelor of Fine Arts)& BOL(Bachelor Of Arts In Organizational Leadership).
- The candidate should have appeared for the GAT examination conducted by GITAM University.
- A merit list will be prepared based on the marks obtained in the GAT exam and hence the admission.
For MBA and MCA program
A candidate with professional qualifications such as BE/B.Tech./B.Pharm/B.Sc/BA/B.Com/BA/Medicine/Law/CA/ICWA/ACS/AMIE/AIETE, etc., is also eligible.
But Mathematics at the 10+2 level is compulsory for the MCA program.
Then the merit list will be from on the basis of the GAT exam conducted by the University.
Admission Process at GITAM University Distance Education
Admission to the distance program is done online. The candidates are required to fill out the admission form online. Follow the underlying steps for the admission process.
- Visit the official website portal https://cdl.gitam.edu/ and click on the admission tab.
- Next, go to the online admission process and it will redirect you to the next step.
- Fill out the detailed application form and recheck it.
- Register and submit the form.
- Take the printout of the form and attach all the related documents
- Send them by post to the below address:
CENTRE FOR DISTANCE LEARNING, III Floor, Balaji Metro Plaza, Dondaparthi Main Road, Visakhapatnam – 530016
Learner Support Service At GITAM University Distance Education
A comprehensive printed study material, specially designed for self-study, shall be provided to every learner.
In addition to the study material, the learners are required to read suggested textbooks. and articles published in journals for deep knowledge of the subjects and follow the audio/video CDs, and lessons broadcast through Gyanvani in the form of lectures, debates, group discussions, question-answer sessions, etc.
In addition to the study material the GITAM university also prepares video lessons for distance learners. These videos make things more understandable.
A vast library is set up in the university campus which contains all the subject-related textbooks and supplements. These can be used for further study.
The GITAM University provides two types of year programs the academic year and the calendar year. The exam for the academic year is conducted in April/May whereas the exams for the calendar year are conducted in November/December.
Moreover, the semester exams will be held at the end of each semester. Programs such as MBA, and MCA are semester programs.
Benefits of joining the GITAM University Distance Education
The GITAM University offers programs in Blended mode. traditional self-study learning materials are combined with video and online sessions which enable enhanced learning. The vast syllabus covers a lot of things that will help the learner to excel in the relevant subject. Moreover, In the year 2022 Students of GITAM, Centre for Distance Learning, Visakhapatnam got direct campus placements in top companies like Canara Bank, Business Development Asia (HK) Ltd, Converteam (GE Energy), and more.
Are you not sure which college to choose? the collegecompare is there to help you. At College Compare we analyze and interrupt the different higher education colleges in India and help to find the best one.