Somaiya Vidyavihar was established by Padmabhushan Late Shri K. J. Somaiya in 1959. The institute is a prominent and among the oldest institutes in India. KJ Somaiya Institute of Management offers a 15-months executive MBA program for working professionals and entrepreneurs. The main objective of the program is to upgrade the knowledge and relevancy in the growing industry.
Awards and Accreditations
- KJ Somaiya Institute of Management is one of the Top-25 Business Schools overall and Top-10 B-Schools among private in India.
- The institute has got a #56 ranked by the NIRF ranking framework in 2021.
- Ranked #29 by Business Today and #19 by Business World.
- It has ranked #7 in All India B-School & #2 in All India Top 20 West Zone B Schools by Times B-School ranking 2021.
- It has been accredited by AACSB, NBA, AICTE, AIU, and UGC.
- The KJ Somaiya secure #24 posotion by MBA Universe raking 2021.
Executive MBA KJ Somaiya
This MBA course is designed for working professionals and business owners to enhance their skills and develop new skills to excel in their respective fields. It is a full-time course where the classes are conducted taking into consideration the requirements of working professionals. The program is open to students from India and abroad including NRIs, FN, OCI, and CIWGC.
The Executive MBA program comprises 5 trimesters, 12 weeks each over a period of 15 months followed by exams. 77+ well-qualified faculty with rich industry and research experience deliver the course on its campus at Vidyavihar – Mumbai. The course comprises the following courses:
1. Business perspectives in the global context.
2. Managing new ventures.
3. Strategic marketing management.
4. Financial reporting & accounting standards.
5. Cost modeling & strategic cost management.
6. Global supply chain management & operations.
7. Human behavior at work.
8. Strategic human resource management.
9. Economic indicators.
10. Business modeling with spreadsheets.
1. Business Development.
2. Corporate Law.
3. Corporate Finance and Valuation.
4. Country Analysis and Global Marketing.
5. Financial Markets & Institutions.
6. Competency & Performance Management System.
7. Strategic Management.
8. Foundations in Data Science.
9. Enterprise Architecture.
10. Economic Environment of Business.
11. Business Intelligence.
Trimester III: comprises the summer internship project
1. 360 Degree Integrated Marketing Communication.
2. Big Data Analytics.
3. Cyber Laws.
5. Project Management.
6. Design Thinking.
7. International Finance.
8. Investment Management.
9. Leadership Incubator.
10. Mergers, Acquisitions & Corporate Restructuring.
11. Strategic Leadership & Change Management.
12. Strategic Brand Management.
13. Strategic Management Simulation.
1. Corporate Strategy & Implementation.
2. Corporate Governance & Ethics.
3. Digital Transformation.
4. Digital & Social Media Marketing.
5. Management Consulting.
6. Operational excellence (TQM, BPR, Benchmarking).
7. Integrated Risk Management.
8. Master’s thesis.
The trimester V: also consist of workshop on Disruptive business models, Artificial Intelligence & Machine learning, Winning negotiations and Decision making, Six Sigma, Compensation & Benefits, Information Technology business development, Marketing engineering, Labor laws, Crisis management strategy, Strategy through business narratives, and Trending technologies and applications
The Expert faculty in the KJ Somaiya institute delivers the learning through Workshops, live projects, case studies, field visits, class discussions, presentations, simulations, and so on. The study also includes industry visits to get a deeper perspective and understanding of various organizational processes. It helps in understanding the diversity and complexity of modern-day challenges faced by multi-disciplinary business units.
Apart from this, the participants are encouraged to upgrade themselves with current affairs, management tools, and techniques through periodic external programs sponsored by the Institute. The trimester also consists of the term end exam to interpret the learning during the course.
The medium of instruction is primarily English. For those who require extra help in English a booster class is given. KJ Somiaya also believes in holistic learning as it incorporates Yoga & Buddhist Centres in their institute.
The minimum eligibility required to get admission in the KJ Somaiya executive MBA program is:
- Graduates in any discipline with aggregate 50% marks from any UGC-approved college & recognized University.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience after graduation.
- A valid score on the aptitude test such as XAT/CAT/MAT/NMAT/CMAT.
- The candidate who fulfills the minimum eligibility has to register for the program by visiting the official website: https://somaiya.edu/.
- After which they are required to fill out the statement of Purpose (SOP).
- A personal interview will be carried out on the Zoom platform.
- The final selected candidates will be invited for admission and pay the fee.
The selection is based on the following parameters:
|Statement of Purpose||5%|
Documents required at the time of admission
- Entrance Exam – Admit card and Scorecard.
- SSC Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate.
- HSC / Diploma Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate.
- Degree All Semester or Year wise Mark sheets.
- Graduation degree.
- Achievement / Award or Reward Certificate / Co-Curricular / Extra Curricular Certificates if any.
- Work Experience Certificates.
- Birth Certificate.
- Any Government Photo Identity Proof.
- Photographs – 2 Nos.
- VastiPatrak & GLMS Affidavit – Only for Gujarati Linguistic Minority Candidates.
- Domicile Certificate – If applicable.
Fee structure KJ Somaiya Executive MBA
The total fee for the executive MBA at KJ Somiya Institute is ₹ 9,49,957/-. This fee amount includes tuition fees, development fees, caution money(refundable), Alumni fee, and other fees. However, the participant is required to pay the application fee of ₹ 3,000/- at the time of registration. Apart from this, the hostel fees are payable separately.
Placement from KJ Somaiya Executive MBA
The institute offers good placement opportunities for EMBA participants. Most of the participants get placement from the campus itself. In the year, 2021, 99% of the students get placed as compared to 2022, where, 98% of the students get placed. The highest package offered at the institute was 26.5 LPA, whereas the average package was 10.95 LPA.
The placement cell helps the participant to get ready for the interview process. A number of recruiters approach the institute due to its legacy and quality assurance. Some of the prominent recruiters are Airtel, Amazon, Bisleri, ITC, Quickr, GSK, Aditya Birla, Puma, Grofers, and so on.
KJ Somiaya is one of the prestigious management institutes which is offering executive MBA for the last decade. The institute’s location in Mumbai makes it more relevant for the executive MBA program. This course will surely help you to climb up the ladder of growth and success in the future.
College compare is a place where you will get all the relevant information about the online, distance, and executive MBA programs. If you are looking for such a course just visit the website and get all the information under one roof.