The MAH MBA CET is a standardized entrance exam for over 300 B-schools in Maharashtra. The Maharashtra State CET cell administers the exam on an annual basis. The MAH MBA CET has traditionally been held in March, but in 2021 and 2022, it was held in August-September. MAH MBA CET 2023 will be held in March, in accordance with the pre-pandemic schedule. MAH CET MBA 2023 will be held on March 18 and 19, 2023 this year.
MHT CET Highlights
|Name of Examination||MAH CET.|
|Conducting Body||State CET Cell –|
Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Maharashtra.
|Number of MBA colleges|
under MAH-CET 2023 Exam
|Duration||2 hrs. 30 minutes.|
|Exam Difficulty Level||Moderate|
|No. of questions||200|
|Type of questions||Multiple choice.|
|Marking Scheme||+1 for every correct answer.|
no negative marking.
|Required Percentile for |
MBA admission in Top Colleges
|Exam Date||March 2023|
A counseling process that includes online registration, the publication of MBA CET cutoffs, and round-by-round seat allocation takes place after the MAH MBA CET. The top MBA schools in Maharashtra, such as JBIMS, SIMSREE, Welingkar’s, PUMBA, MET Pune, etc., accept the MAH CET score.
MAH CET Exam Details
The following are the exam details of the MHT CET MBA exam 2023:
|Date of registration||Expected soon|
|Form Correction||To be announced|
|Admit card download||To be announced|
|MAH CET 2023 result declaration||To be announced|
|MAH CET 2023 MBA CAP||To be announced|
Candidate must have passed the degree examination with a minimum mark of 50% (45% for reserved category). Students appearing in the final exam of the degree course can also apply. However, the candidates having a valid score of CAT/GMAT/GRE/MAT/AMAT/XAT can apply directly for the MAH CET counseling session.
MAH MBA CET Syllabus and Exam Pattern
The MAH CET 2023 MBA syllabus will be provided by the State Common Entrance Test Cell of Maharashtra at cetcell.mahacet.org. Candidates who plan to take the MAH MBA CET in 2023 will be able to download the information brochure and the MAH CET syllabus. The topics and MBA subjects from which questions will be drawn, the number of questions in each section, the maximum marks allotted for each section, the marking scheme, the length of the test, etc. are all detailed in the MAH CET MBA 2023 syllabus.
However, the exam will be divided into the following sections:
- Logical Reasoning (75 questions).
- Abstract Reasoning (25 questions).
- Quantitative Aptitude (50 questions).
- Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (50 questions).
The total marks of the paper are 200. Each question will carry one mark and there is no negative marking for the wrong answer.
The syllabus of each section is as follows.
- Symbol-based Comparison.
- Linear and Circular Arrangement.
- Sequential Output.
- Series Completion.
- Conditional Coding.
- Selection Criteria.
- Venn Diagram.
- Verbal Ability.
- Blood Relations.
- Ratio & Proportion
- Quantitative Reasoning
- Data Sufficiency
- Data Interpretation – Graphs, Charts, Tables
Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension
- Comprehension of passages
- Fill in the blanks
- Para Jumbles
- Sentence completion
- Sentence arrangement
- Spelling/Inappropriate usage
- Phrase replacement
- Odd Sentence Para Jumble
- Verbal Reasoning
Registration Process for MAH CET Exam 2023
MAH CET MBA 2023 application form can be filled out online only. The step-by-step process of filling out the application form is as follows:
- Open the MAH CET website.
- Click on the “new registration” tab and click on the “I accept and proceed” button.
- Fill out all the details required and continue to the next step.
- Upload the photographs and other documents required.
- Upload the digital signature.
- Enter the preferred test city.
- Pay the application fees of ₹ 1,000/-.
Note: save all the details of the application and password for checking the further application status.
MAH CET Selection Process
Following the announcement of the MAH-CET 2023 results, DTE Maharashtra will initiate the Centralized Admission Process (CAP) to allot MBA/MMS seats in all participating colleges. The procedure will last about a month and a half. The merit list would be announced following the document verification process. This will make the B-school admissions process easier. After the CAP, the final Merit list is announced.
All of the top MBA colleges in Maharashtra, including JBIMS Mumbai, SIMSREE, PUMBA, and K J Somaiya, will offer admission based on the seat matrix and B-school allotment through DTE-CAP 2023.
However, 15% of the seats in counseling are reserved for non-Maharashtra students and are filled after the counseling based on the scores obtained in MAH CET/CAT/MAT/XAT/GMAT/GRE.
For any queries, applicants can contact:
DTE helpline: +91-8104878546, +91-8698758237 (between 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.) or Email at: email@example.com.
Top Colleges in Maharashtra Participating in MAH CET 2023
Here is the list of the top colleges in Maharashtra that will offer you admission to the MBA program after the successful clearance of the MAH CET 2023 exam.
- K. J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai
- Prin. L. N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research, Mumbai.
- MET’s Institute of Management, Mumbai.
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS), Mumbai.
- Maharashtra Institute of Technology, Pune.
- Department of Management Sciences, Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune.
- Xavier Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai.
- Symbiosis International University, Pune.
- NL Dalmia Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai
- Symbiosis International University, Pune
- Balaji Institute of Management and Human Resource Development, Tathawade
- Bharati Vidyapeeth’s Institute of Management Studies and Research, Navi Mumbai
- Sinhgad Institute of Business Administration and Computer Application, Lonavala
- Sydenham Institute of Management Studies, Research and Entrepreneurship Education, Mumbai.
- Shree C. E. Society’s Indira Institute of Management, Pune.
Each MAH CET Participating institute offers a minimum of 60-75 seats for the MBA program each year based on the institute-wise allotment list, which is available on the MAH CET official website. As a result, we can estimate that the total number of MBA seats available for admission will range between 25000 and 30,000 for MAH CET 2023 participating institutes.
Parameters to consider while selecting MAH CET Participating Institutes 2023
Scoring good marks in the MAH CET 2023 will not be able to get into the get college as the participant has to appear for a personal interview and group discussion for the final admission. Apart from this, there are some parameters that can help you select the best MBA college in the state. These are as follows:
- Affiliation and Accreditation of the Participating Institute.
- Past Academic Record.
- Placements Record of the Institute.
- Fee Structure for the Considered Programme.
- Reputation/Ranking of the Institute.
MAH CET 2023 cut-off list
The minimum marks required by candidates to gain admission to desired institutes will be referred to as the MAH CET 2023 cutoff. Typically, the cutoff is declared after the result is declared. The MAH CET participating colleges do not set a common cutoff for this entrance exam. Rather, a separate cutoff list is published for all MAH CET participating institutes. The cut-off list will be declared as per the following parameters:
- No. of Participating Candidates Who Appeared in MAH CET
- No. of Qualified Candidates
- Difficulty Level of the Exam
- No. of Seats Available
- Reservation Criteria
- Previous Year Cutoffs
MAH CET 2023 counseling
MAH CET 2023 counseling will be held after the cutoff for the admissions process has been announced. Candidates must first register in order to participate in the MAH CET 2023 counseling session. There will be different requirements for candidates from Maharashtra State, Kashmiri Migrants, NRIs, and foreign nationals to participate in MAH CET 2023 counseling.
College Compare helps you in understanding the management courses. The website lets you updated about the latest management news and getting admission to the best management college across the country.