MBA in finance is a fascinating degree though it is tough and complicated to understand. The distance learning MBA in finance is an online or correspondence PG program in management that deals with the handling of financial transactions, audits, accounting, and profit/loss of an organization. Thus, finance is an important part of management as it depicts the overall health of any organization.
What is MBA in Finance distance learning?
MBA in finance deals with the in-depth study of the tools and models that are used in predicting expense and profit in an organization. It takes into account all the financial transactions in the company and manages this limited resource to maximize profit. It covers the topics such as financial management, cost of capital, liquidity, assets management, and so on. The understanding of these subjects requires a good mathematical and technical skill set.
The term finance is mostly misunderstood with banking but it has a lot more to do. Finance includes the management, control, review, and investment of money as a resource for the development of an industry, or organization. Thus, financial management is controlling all these resources in an organized way through financial managers.
Scope of MBA in Finance
The MBA in finance is good for learners who have a keen interest in calculation and the ability to analyze and intreput data easily. The working of an organization depends on its value, to analyze all these a financial advisor is required in every organization. This marks the importance and the need for a professional degree in Finance. The MBA in finance can apply for the following job profiles:
- Financial Advisor
- Corporate controller
- Investment banker
- Chief financial officer
- Accounting manager
- Media planner
- financial analyst
- Credit Specialist
- Equity analyst.
Likewise, another management program the MBA in financial management is a two-year degree post-graduate degree program. Some institutes provide short-term and certification courses in the financial management of 3 to 15 months duration. The working professionals who are keen to build up their career in finance can opt for the course of the distance MBA in finance.
A graduate in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks can apply for the MBA course. The test scores of aptitude tests such as CAT/MAT/XAT are also required for admission as per the institute requirement. For executive courses in MBA, a minimum of 2 years of working experience after graduation is compulsory.
The candidate who fulfills the above eligibility is required to fill out the application form of the desired university or college online. The shortlisted candidates will be called for a personal interview. Admission confirmation is based on academic qualification, passing marks in the entrance tests, and interviews.
Top colleges in India offering distance learning MBA in finance
IGNOU is the oldest university in India offering distance education in management. It offers MBA in Banking and finance in distance learning mode. For admission to the course, the candidate must be a member of the Indian banking institute and has a minimum of two years of experience in banking. The Course is AICTE and UGC approved. Though the course is for two years the admission is valid for 4 years. There is no age limit for application. Click the link to apply: IGNOU university
- Industry-based expert-designed print study material is available for every participant.
- egyankosh, the world’s largest repository of books access to the participant.
- Audio-visual learning through Doordarshan and radio programs of Gyan Vani.
- IGNOU-e-Content Mobile App to provide Digital Learning Environment to IGNOU learners by extending Technology Enhanced Learner Support Service.
- The exams are scheduled at the end of each semester.
- The fee for the course is ₹ 37,800/-.
Amity Directorate of Distance and Online Education (ADDOE) offers two year MBA program in Finance and Accounting Management. The course covers the key business concepts in conjunction with practical implementation to develop knowledge and skills in real-time management and business decision-making. The program is designed to get a deep understanding of the subjects. Click here to apply now: Amity online
- The student requires 7 -10 hrs of learning per week.
- Study materials for this dynamic program are shared with the learners through courier.
- Curriculum design under the guidance of industry experts.
- Assignments as per the demand of the subjects.
- Face-to-face PCP sessions for better understanding of difficult topics.
- The fee for the course is approx. ₹. 1,51,800/-
NGA-SCE is an autonomous university accredited by NAAC and approved BY UGC. It offers two years MBA in financial management in blended and ODL mode of learning. The program includes fundamentals of finance, auditing, accounting, and capital management. The delivery of the course is 100% online and its intensive course structure helps in increasing the advancement of career and employability. Click here to apply now: NMIMS online
- The desktop and mobile apps for the course material and other relevant information.
- Live interactive online session with expert faculty. Missed lectures can be watched later on too.
- Digital library with a vast repository of online scholarly articles, whitepapers, case studies, and journals.
- Voice assistance and online support for the students are available on working days.
- The fee for the course is ₹ 1,44,000/-.
Symbiosis Center for distance learning (SCDL), Pune
SCDL, Pune is one of the prominent institutes in India in distance education. It offers a post-graduate diploma in banking and financial services of a 2-year duration. Financial Services is innovative, comprehensive, and prepares the learner for the banking and finance future. The program not only gives the knowledge of operational aspects of banking and finance but also builds on their managerial and technical skills. Click here to apply now: SCDL Pune
- Teaching includes contemporary delivery styles including Printed study books, online classroom learning, e-learning, e-mentoring, and faculty interaction.
- A powerful web portal includes all the online assignments (computer-based), e-books, and mentoring that are world-class.
- Online chat with the expert faculty for the discussion on difficult topics.
- The on-demand Examinations System allows participants to decide the pace and style of the study.
- The fee for the course is ₹ 50,000/-.
Welingkar Institue Distance MBA in Finance
We School was set up in 1977 in Mumbai, following its campus in Banglore. The We School offers PGDM in a hybrid mode of learning in financial management. The program is an intensive industry design to enhance the real-time financial skill of the learner. The course includes the basics of finance, use of financial tools, project-based learning from the experts, and development of soft skills. The program is for two years consisting of four semesters. Click here to apply now: We School
- Virtual classroom for the live and interactive session with experts.
- e-learning material for easy access to the study material.
- We tube and recording the video lectures makes a better understanding of the topics.
- Workshops and industry visits to increase real-time learning.
- The fee for the course is ₹. 1,01,000/- (without PCP program) and ₹ 1,04,600/- (with PCP).
MIT SDE is one of the distance management institutes in Pune. The institute offers 21 month Post- graduate diploma in management in finance. The key concept of the course is mastering the skill of juggling money, risk, and time management to become the goalkeeper of the organization. The course prepares you for relatively new finance-associated jobs that are finding their way in the new digitized world. Click the link to apply now: MIT Pune.
- The curriculum of the course is designed by a team of experienced finance and academic professionals.
- Exams are in January and July at the end of the semester.
- Digital study material, assignments, and practice set papers are available in the LMS.
- Recorded and live video lectures for a better understanding of the topic.
- Personalized study planner from whenever you start to the next eligible exam session.
- One-time fee payment is ₹ 60,000/- whereas in installments it is ₹. 66,000/-.
Manipal University, Jaipur
The MUJ is accredited by NAAC (grade A+), UGC, AICTE, AUI, WES, and ICES. The degree from the MUJ is accepted worldwide as it has got the WES certification. It offers two years MBA in financial management. The finance degree from MUJ will help you hone the required skill sets that will enable you to secure a suitable role in a top organization. MBA in finance course by the institute is vast and designed as per the dynamic business world. Click the link to apply now: MUJ Online.
- Low bandwidth digital platforms can be accessed anywhere, anytime.
- Live and recorded lectures for repeated learning and better understanding.
- On-the-go access to quizzes, webinars, and doubt-clearing sessions to clear the basic and advanced skills of finance.
- 880 hours of e-tutorial, 650+ hours of content, and watching 300+ hours of additional learning videos.
- Require 15-20 hrs/wk study for the best understanding.
- The fee for the course is ₹. 1,50,000/- (all inclusive).
DY Patil Center for Online Learning, Pune
DY Patil offers you the new generation MBA degree designed to develop future focussed capabilities sought by employers across the globe. This institute is at #34 rank be NIRF ranking and is “A++” accredited by NAAC. The MBA program from DY Patil is accepted globally and lets you learn from your workplace. The main motto of the program is to Think critically and solve problems creatively. Click the link to apply now: DY Patil online.
- academic resources for teaching include e-Learning and self-learning material from the industry.
- Constantly updated and upgraded curriculum by the experts.
- Live interactive virtual classes with webinars and group discussions on live chats.
- Digital library to gain in-depth knowledge of your subjects.
- The fee for the course is ₹ 1,30,000/-.
IMT- CDL offers two years MBA in finance to provide an intensive, stimulating, and challenging learning experience. The curriculum has been designed to lay a strong foundation for the logical and analytical skills of the students and covers all important areas of finance. The IMT-CDL has been awarded for its excellence in academics in distance learning courses. Click the link to apply now: IMT CDL.
- World-class Learning Management System (LMS) platform named as EduGenie, provides an exciting and immersive environment for learners anywhere, anytime.
- Live interactive sessions with recorded lectures and case studies based on real-time situations.
- Examinations are conducted at the end of each semester.
- Placement assistance for online learners by virtual placement drive.
- The fee for the course is ₹. 1,10,000 approx.
Periyar University has launched the Online Degree Programs from Jan 2021 batch. It offers MBA as a two-year degree course in five electives and one of them is Finance. The course design is such that it led learners to think strategically and understand the importance of assertiveness and influential skills in management. Students from the PRIDE (Periyar Institute of Distance Education) becomes good leader and decision maker in any organization. Click the link to apply Now: PRIDE Online
- Interactive online sessions with webinars, recordings, and subject-based videos for a better understanding.
- LMS consists of web resources such as blogs, articles, ebooks, etc.
- Discussion forum for peers interaction and discussion of critical topics.
- Exams are at the end of each semester. Two times a year.
- The total fee for the course is ₹ 71,000/-
The course MBA in finance Distance learning
The MBA in finance contains all the subjects related to the basic and core concept of finance and accounting. Since finance deals with the investment and return of the investment to maximize the profit, therefore, it includes subjects listed below:
Principles of Management
Principles of Accounting
Statistics for management
Accounting for Management
Human resource management
Capital & Financial Markets
Financial Institutions & Banking
International Financial Management
Security Analysis & Portfolio Management
Project Finance & Budgetary Control
Insurance & Risk Mgmt
Business Ethics and Corporate Governance
Project Work Report
An MBA in finance is a good option for an individual to start or boost a career in the financial field. The wide scope and requirements of the financial advisor in every company make it a good option. A good finance manager is like a lubricant in the business as it can be one of the key factors for the success of any business. So, if you are good at calculation and have an interest in the interruption of data this field is best for you.
College compare is a place where one can get all the details about distance/online learning. It is a platform where all your doubts get cleared about such courses. Just visit the website and you will get to know about the different perspectives of online/distance education.