Operation or production is one of the main components of the manufacturing sector. But to manage the process of production and to carry it out in a smooth way is a challenging task. For such roles, an MBA in operation management is required. The managers in operation management can handle these tasks easily, such that no bottlenecks are created during operation.
What is MBA in operation management?
An MBA in operation management deals with the handling of data, planning, procuring, supervising, packaging, delivery of the product, and its processing in a sequential way. It provides conceptual frameworks and analytical tools to optimize key decisions in designing and managing operational processes. The study of operation management includes Supply chain management, Operations strategy, Risk analytics, service management, six sigma tools & techniques, etc.
Scope of MBA in Operation Management
The MBA in operation management has to take a challenging job. A student of operation management is trained to tackle logistics, supply, and operation design which are unpredictable. In the recent future, there will be great demand for operation managers as the service and manufacturing industries are fostering and equipping new technologies. Handling these will require a perfect skill set. The jobs related to the operation managers are:
- Operation Executive
- Area operation manager
- Operation manager
- General operation manager
- Manufacturing consulting manager
- Plant manager
- Operation research analyst
- Supply Chain Manager
- business analyst.
- logistics manager.
- Quality control Manager
The course duration of the MBA in operation management is generally 2 years. Though some short-term courses and certificates are also available in the same subject. The course can be completed in full-time, part-time, distance, or online mode as per the requirement of the student.
Admission to the course is the same as the other MBA program. A graduation degree with a minimum of 50% marks and passing the exams such as MAT/CAT/XAT/ is mandatory. Though some colleges take their entrance exam and interview. Based on the performance of both the final selection is done.
Top colleges in India offering MBA in Operation Management Distance learning
IGNOU began its operations in 1987, it has around 3.5 lakh students enrolled in different courses. The IGNOU offers MBA in six specializations in distance mode one of them being operation management. The university has achieved a grade of “A++” by NAAC in a recent survey. It offers courses across the country and in selected countries outside India. Currently, about 350 learner support centers provide counseling facilities for the Management Programme. Click here to apply now: IGNOU
- The course duration is 2 years but it remains valid for 4 years.
- Print study material is provided along with egyankosh a book repository for providing deep knowledge to the learner.
- Audio-visual program is transmitted via Doordarshan and radio channels.
- IGNOU-e-Content Mobile App to provide Digital Learning Environment to IGNOU learners.
- The fee for the program is ₹ 15,000/ semester.
- Evaluation is done based on assessment and term-end exams.
ICFAI university offers 2 years full online MBA program in operation management. The program is the best-suited program for graduates, working professionals, and entrepreneurs. The MBA program is the most suitable in terms of employability and flexibility. The course of the program is designed as per the industry norms and is highly acceptable. Click the link to apply now: ICFAI University
- Learning is based on animated Videos, PEP (Perspectives Experiences and Practices) Videos, Case studies, bullet notes, webinars, discussion forums, and so on.
- Choice of selecting one elective or a combination makes the program diversified.
- Require an hour of study daily for course completion.
- Program duration is 2 years but admission is valid for 4 years.
- The fee for the program is ₹ 2,00,000/-
Symbiosis Center for distance learning, Pune
SCDl, Pune is a pioneer institute in India offering management courses for UG and PG students. The institute has collaborated with several companies to make the PGDM program more effective. SCDL offers online/distance mode PGDM in supply chain management a year diploma program for the management aspiring students. However, the curriculum of the course is similar to the full-time program. Click here to apply now: SCDl, Pune.
- The blended mode of education for the distance learner consists of three types of learning. Printed books, ebooks or digital libraries, and face-to-face online faculty interaction.
- Computer-based assessment for flexibility in submission and instant results.
- The course includes all the key details of operation management based in real-time.
- Easy interface to the web portal containing all the details about the institute and course.
- The fee for the course is ₹. 50,000/-.
Amity University MBA in operation management
Amity University Online Learning is famous for delivering a quality management degree to the learner in the distance learning mode. The university has also marked its presence globally as it is widely accepted across the globe. It offers 2 year MBA course in Production and operation management for distance learners. . The course offers educational and practical learning that interconnects the key functional aspects of the business. Click the link to apply now: Amity university
- The curriculum is designed under the guidance of the experts as per the latest trend in the industry.
- 7 to 10 hours of learning effort are required for the course completion.
- Delivery of the course by the blended mode i.e. print material with online classes.
- Study materials for this dynamic program are shared with the learners through courier.
- 24/7 academic & technical student support, along with Face to face PCP sessions.
- The fee for the course is ₹ 1,50,000/-.
Welingkar Institue of management
We School was set up in 1977 with its main focus on transforming students and professionals into industry leaders. The institute has two branches in Mumbai and Bangalore. It offers Post graduate diploma in management in hybrid mode in operation management. The We School is among the top 50 B-schools in India. Click the link to apply now: WeSchool.
- Teaching is done through virtual classrooms, workshops, experimental learning, video lectures, collaborative learning, and so on.
- On-call query support center for distance learners.
- Interactive classes on weekends to facilitate learning for the working professionals.
- Institute also provides video access to the learner for the latest or trending topics via We Tube.
- The entire fees of Rs. 1,01,000/- for two years are to be paid in advance, without Personal Contact Program (PCP) Or Rs. 1,04,600/- along with PCP.
Manipal University, Jaipur
Manipal University Jaipur is an autonomous, self-financed institute offering an online MBA in operation management. The MUJ is UGC approved and NAAC A+ accredited university. The course for the program is designed by academicians under the guidance of industry experts. It also provides good placement opportunities to online learners via virtual job fairs. Click the link to apply now: Online Manipal.
- 15 to 20 hrs/ week of study is essential to complete the course.
- Enhanced digital learning platform for enhanced learning.
- Study whenever, where ever you want with a low bandwidth platform on mobile or laptop.
- Online quizzes and webinars to interact with peers and faculty and clear doubts.
- The total fee for the course is ₹. 1,50,000/-.
IMT- CDL, Ghaziabad is one of the leading management institutes in India. It offers AICTE approved, PG Diploma program in management. The PGDM in operation management is an executive program of 15 months duration. The content of the course is designed to stay a step ahead of companies’ current needs, giving learners the knowledge, skills, and perspectives they need to create value for their firms in the future. Click the link to apply now: IMT CDL
- A minimum of 5 years of experience is mandatory for applying to the course of PGDM.
- The course consists of a foundation course, two semesters, and 3 months of project work.
- The examination is carried out at the university-designated exam centers.
- 24×7 Access to On-Demand Learning, Online Sessions, recorded lectures, etc.
- The total fee for the course is ₹ 66,000. The fee is payable in two installments.
Indian School of Business
The Indian School of Business (ISB) was established to fulfill the anticipated need for leadership in Asia economics. The B-school has made a distinct role as it got accreditation from the Association of MBAs (AMBA), EFMD Quality Improvement System (EQUIS), and Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). It offers Global Management Programme in Operations and Supply Chain (GMPOS) to provide a deep understanding of the operations and supply chain management principles. Click the link to apply now: ISB.
- The course of the GMPOS is fully online to prepare participants for advancement in operations and supply chain management careers.
- The duration of the course is 12 months and requires 10- 15 hrs. of study per week.
- emphasize the real-world examples rather than the theory and lectures.
- Teaching by renowned faculty across the globe.
- financial aid and loan facility is provided to learners.
- The total fee for the program is ₹ 10,50,000/-.
Jain University, Bangalore
Jain (deemed to be) University is a UGC and AICTE approved for imparting an Online professional degree program. The online program has been raked by NIRF, Qs, and Five stars by KSURF among the young university category program. The program lays a Strong foundation in the concepts and practices in Systems and Operations Management. It helps the learner to analyze problems and propose actions in real-world situations as part of the Master Thesis. Click the link to apply now: Online Jain.
- The course involves approximately 120 hrs. of intensive study.
- Two-way live online audio-video lectures, with recording for later use.
- Exhaustive e-content/ printed material for in-depth reference. The print material includes assignments, quizzes & MCQs, essay-type questions, case studies, etc.
- Experiential learning methods include individual and group projects. Interaction through discussion forum in LMS.
- The total fee for the program is ₹ 1,20,000/-.
NMIMS is a globalized center of learning, providing its students with a balanced exposure to research, academics, and practical aspects of the various functions across industries. The NGA-SCE (NMIMS Global Access School for Continuing Education) offers a 2-year MBA program, in operation management. It is among the top 10 institutes in India. The course design by expert academicians who will keep you updated with the latest in the industry.
- Blended and ODL mode of learning to integrate the fundamentals of business management with the principles of operations management.
- Best in class student service including emails, service center, and Online Chat.
- More than 500+ companies participate in the placement drive.
- Experienced faculty for online learning sessions.
- The total fee for the course is ₹ 1,44,000/-.
Subjects of MBA in Operation Management
The operation management deals with the production function in the organization. Therefore, the subjects in the elective course include topics such as production planning, six sigma, total quality management, Service management, and so on. The main subjects of the MBA in operation management are:
Management Theory and Practice
Statistics for management
Human resource management
Production and operation management
Operation & supply chain strategies
Total quality management
The MBA in operation management has a wide scope and is good for the prospective career. After completing the course one gets a salary package ranging between 5LPA to 30 LPA depending upon the skill set. Since the operation is the key part of the business so one must be ready for the different challenges that will come across during the job.
College compare is a place where you can get all the details about distance learning and choose the best online/distance learning course. We analyzed several colleges to bring you the best course with the best college. Just log on to the official website and choose the best-suited course for yourself.