Management Development Institue (MDI) is one of the pioneering institutes in India offering various management programs. The MDI is well known for its excellence in academics, quality education, and unique teaching methodologies. Executive MBA at MDI gives you value-added education that leads you to a new path to success.
Awards and Accreditation
- The MDI ranked #5 among the best B-schools in the country in the Business World ranking of 2020.
- The NIRF ranking has ranked the institute in 10th position in 2021.
- It is the 7th best B-school in the country in a survey conducted by Business Today.
- The institute has accredited by South Asian Quality Assurance Systems (SAQS) in 2006.
- MDI has also been internationally accredited by NBA, AMBA, and AMDISA.
- The institute is #9 by MBAUniverse.com India’s Best B-school Rankings.
- It has also gained Super League 1 category – Business Standard B-school Rankings.
Executive MBA at MDI
MDI offers the following executive MBA program for working professionals:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Public Policy and Management (PGDM-PPM).
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Business Management (PGDM-BM).
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Business Administration.
The PGDM- PPM and PGDM- BM are 18-month programs whereas the PGDM business administration is a 24- months program. All the programs are designed as per the latest and trending demands of the industry. However, the program is particularly designed to equip the participant with the knowledge of tackling the responsibilities of a higher level of management.
Post Graduate Diploma in Management- Public Policy and Management
An 18 months program offers a unique integration of management concepts, tools, and techniques with the requirements of public policy formulation. The MDI becomes one of the earliest schools to offer a management program in the field of public policy in 2006. The program enhances the sensibilities and capabilities of the participants to better manage public policy.
- The program includes two-week international immersion or a national workshop with international faculty.
- One-week rural immersion with an in-depth understanding of public policy in such areas.
- 15-month offline course work at MDI Gurgaon plus three months of on-job policy paper dissertation.
The candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in govt. organization or any public or private sector in middle and senior level management. Apart from this, the candidate should have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks.
The online applications open in the month of February and open till June. Students can fill out the online form by visiting the official website. The fee for the application form is 3,000 INR. Shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview and the final selection list will be displayed by the institute.
The course consists of core and elective subjects. The list of the subjects is as follows:
|Core course||Elective Course|
|Accounting Budgeting and Control|
Workshop on Effective Leadership Communication
Workshop on Cases on Public Policy in India
Public Management and Governance
Understanding Human Resource Management
Policy Paper Writing Workshop
Ethics in Public Services
Qualitative Methods in Policy Research
Fundamentals of Public Policy Analysis
Quantitative Methods in Policy Research
Corporate Governance & Social Responsibility
Managing Change in Public Organisations
Managing Public Private Partnership
Corporate Finance and Financial Markets
Global Governance & Sustainable Development
Global Perspectives & Negotiation Skill (Workshop)
Institutions & Development
Civil Society Organisations and Governance
Information Technology & E-Governance
Public Finance and Policy
Regulations Policy and Practice in Financial Sector
|Leadership Competencies for Change and Development|
Social Exclusive, Poverty, and Regional Development
Governance & Management of Natural Resources
Advanced Policy Modelling
Operations & Supply Chain Management
Cyber Security in Government
Energy Policies & Sustainable Development
Influencing Citizen Behaviour through Campaign Management
Infrastructure Economics and Financing
Innovation in Public Service Delivery
Microfinance & Digital Finance: Customers, Models & Policy
- The experimental learning sessions by the expert faculty.
- Emphasis is valid on strategic thinking, global mindset, sensitivity, and innovation.
- Apart from this the integration of the international and local trends of realities.
- In-depth understanding and testing of ideas through an application-oriented policy paper/dissertation.
- A large network formation with MDI Gurgaon, Alumni.
- Evaluation is on a continuous basis, where the grades are allotted to each candidate and the final result is made on CGPA.
The total fee for the program is ₹ 9,58,880/-. The different components of fees are tuition fees, boarding fees, lodging fees, and learning material fees. student activities, library, Alumni, NGO visits, and security (refundable).
Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Business Management (PGDM-BM)
This program started in 1987, as, a full-time Executive Graduate Programme in Management. The 18 months program develops visionary leaders for the rapidly changing business environment. It attracts talent from diverse industries, cultures, and geographies. The main objective of the program is to incorporate communication, leadership, and teamwork in the competitive environment.
- It is the oldest full-time program by MDI Gurgoan.
- The program offers dual specialization.
- The international immersion during the program helps in developing global environment knowledge.
- A wide network is formed with the MDI Gurgoan Alumni.
- The course comprises of 28 courses of which 17 are core courses and 11 are elective courses.
- A compulsory dissertation/project at the workplace is required to be submitted and presented before a panel of experts.
- The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with 50% marks.
- A minimum of five years of post-qualification executive work experience after graduation.
There are two types of courses: core courses and elective courses. The core course lays the foundation of management whereas the 11 electives help in choosing an interesting field. The list of the core course is:
|1. Business Communication|
2. Legal Aspects of Business
3. Marketing Planning
4. Micro Economics
5. Organisational Design & Change
6. Organisational Behaviour
7. Quantitative Techniques in Management
8. Accounting for Business Decision Making
9. Corporate Finance for Enhancing Value
|10. Decision Sciences|
11. Human Resource Management
12. Macroeconomics Environment Policy
13. Management Accounting
14. Management Information Systems
15. Marketing Practices and Implementation
16. Research Methods
17. Operations Management
18. Strategy Formulation and Implementation
The different elective courses offered by MDI for the program are:
Economics, Finance, Information Technology, Marketing, Operation management, OB & HRM, and Strategy & General Management.
- Teaching is based on recent research studies and international experience.
- It includes lectures, case studies, seminars, group discussions, business games, role plays, simulation exercises, structured and unstructured group work, and field visits.
- Interaction with industry experts by means of guest lectures.
- Integration of learning with real-time situations and problems.
- The evaluation is on a continuous basis. The grades are allotted for each exam and the final result is in CGPA form.
The total fee of the course is ₹ 15,35,000/-. The different components of the fees are tuition fees, boarding charges, lodging charges, learning material fees, student welfare activities, library fees, alumni fees, and security deposits. Apart from this, the candidate is required to pay the International immersion fees separately.
Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Business Administration
The PGDM in Business Administration is a rigorous, demanding, and relevant program for working executives residing in the NCR region. The duration of the course is 24 months. The program is designed as per the current business requirements and demand for managerial skills. This program enhances the use of managerial tools and techniques for future use.
Classes are held four days a week from Thursday to Sunday for the initial 3 terms. However, from term IV the classes are held in the evening on weekdays. The class timings are 6.30 PM to 9.45 PM on weekdays, from 6.30 PM to 9.45 PM on Saturdays, and from 10.00 AM to 05.15 PM, with a lunch break from 1.15 PM to 2.00 PM on Sundays.
- Each academic year comprises four terms( 3-months each), which includes two weeks for examinations (mid-term & end-term).
- 20 core courses and 14 electives are included in the course.
- The course comprises critical thinking along with innovation and learning competencies.
- The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree with 50% marks or equivalent CGPA.
- He/she must have 5 years of working experience after graduation.
- However, a valid score of GMAT/XAT/CAT/MAT is also required.
The online application is invited by the institute and the selection is based on the personal interview. The interview can be scheduled online or offline depending on the situation.
- The studies include a mix of lectures, group discussions, presentations, case analyses, simulation exercises, business games, field visits, and project work.
- Recent advancement in the management field is given with the help of training methodology.
- Opportunity for interacting with eminent academics, policymakers, and industry leaders.
- Integration of the use of technology with the learning of basic principles and their application.
The total fee for the course is ₹ 10,70,300/-. The fee includes tuition fees, boarding fees, lodging fee, learning material, student activity, library, alumni, and security deposit. However, the fee is payable in three installments.
Placement form Execuitve MBA in MDI Gurgoan
The MDI offers good placement opportunities for the executive MBA programs. The highest package offered at the placement drive varies from 40 to 50 LPA whereas the average package is around 22 LPA. Many top companies such as Amazon, Bajaj, Flipkart, Capgemini, Citibank, HDFC, Cognizant, Deloitte, etc. take part in the placement.
The institute helps the students and makes them prepare for the interview sessions and helps in making representable CVs. They also guide the participant to choose the best field for them that will help them to grow further.
MDI executive MBA program is an intensively designed and structured program. If you are looking for an EMBA program in the NCR region then you must look for the MDI. This will suit you and helps you in career growth in the coming future.
College compare is a place where you got to know all about the distance, online, and executive MBA courses. If you are looking for such a course then you landed in the right place. Just log on to the website and choose the best course for yourself.