Osmania University (OU) Distance Education was set up in 1977. Osmania University offers various distance education programs under Prof. G. Ram Reddy Centre (PGRRCDE). The university is among the top university in Hyderabad.
Awards and Accreditations
- The first university in Hyderabad to receive accreditation from NAAC grade “A”.
- All courses offered are affiliated with UGC DEB.
- The University has been ranked one among the top 10 universities in the Country for six consecutive years from 2009-10 onwards.
- Osmania university is one of the top public universities in Hyderabad, India.
- It is ranked #1201-1400 in QS World University Rankings 2023.
- Osmania University ranked 22nd among the top universities in India and achieved the 46th position in the Overall category NIRF ranking 2022.
- It is between 351-400th position by the QS Asia University Rankings.
- 1001-1200th position globally and 301-350th in Asia by “Times Higher Education Ranking”.
Courses offered by Osmania University Distance Education
The OU offers undergraduate, Postgraduate, and diploma courses for distance learners. The list of the courses offered by OU is as follows:
|B. A.||3 years||4,000/year|
|B.A. (Mathematics & Stats.)||3 years||4,000/year|
|M.A. (English)||2 years||6,500/year|
|M.A. (Hindi/Urdu/Telugu/Sanskrit)||2 years||6,000/year|
|M.A. (Philosophy/sociology/ PPM/ |
|M.A. (Economics/ Pol.Science/ History)||2 years||6,000/year|
|M.A. (Psychology)||2 years||9,000/year|
|M.Sc. (Mathematics)||2 years||6,500/year|
|M.Sc. (Statistics)||2 years||6,000/year|
|PG Diploma in Mathematics||1 year||6,000/ year|
|PG Diploma in Business Management||1 year||6,000/ year|
|PG Diploma in English Language teaching||1 year||6,000/ year|
|PG Diploma in Computer Application||1 year||8,000/ Semester|
|PG Diploma in Bioinformatics||1 year||30,000/ year|
For undergraduate courses, the minimum eligibility is 10+2 in the relevant field whereas for postgraduate courses the minimum eligibility is graduation in the respective discipline. There is no age limit for admission to distance learning courses. The candidates can take admission without any entrance exam except in MBA and MCA programs.
Apart from this, admission to the MBA and MCA program is based on a valid score in TS ICET or AP ICET or an entrance test conducted by PGRRCDE conducted by OU.
Note 1. the candidate who has completed the first year of the program in the regular course can apply directly for the second year. 2. the candidate with a backlog in the first year can apply for the second year.
Follow the following steps for taking online admission:
- Visit the Osmania University Distance Education official website and click on the “online service”.
- Register and fill out the online application form.
- Pay the registration fee of ₹ 300/- by debit/credit card or through net banking.
- Upload a photograph, and signature, and submit the application form.
- Visit Osmania University for document verification.
- Medium of instruction: The medium of instruction is English. However, some courses are also available in the Telugu medium.
- Course material: The printed course material is sent to the candidates by post. Whereas the students can also get the study material directly from the university in person.
- Contact classes: The contact classes are organized by the institute for a period of 10 to 15 days prior to the annual examinations. The student should show an ID card to attend the classes. No arrangements for hostel/ boarding are provided by the institute.
- Practical Classes: the Practical classes are arranged for the Psychology students at the Hyderabad campus. A fee of ₹ 500 extra is to be paid for the practical exam.
- Project work: The student is supposed to submit the project report for the MBA and MCA programs.
- Library facility: A well-equipped library is at the center of distance learning. It has course material, reference books, audio-visual material, and Journals to help the students in learning.
Examination at Osmania University Distance Education
All the courses contain an internal assessment which carries 20 marks for each subject. The students are requested to submit the internal assignment before the stipulated date. The fee for the internal assignment is deposited with the external examination.
The term end or yearly exams are conducted in the university itself. The hall tickets, exam schedule, and other details can be found at www.oucde.net. Exams are usually conducted in June/July for PG programs. For semester programs, exams are conducted in May and September respectively. However, the UG programs exams schedule is as per the regular examination.
Placement from Osmania university Distance education
The PG program students usually get placed in the placement drive. Around 30- 40% of the students find jobs in MNCs. The institute also helps the students to prepare for the interview and build their resumes. The average salary lies between 3 -4 LPA.
Osmania University Distance Education is a leading university in Hyderabad. It has got good courses that will help you in the future.
College compare is a place where you get all the relevant information about distance and online education in India. If you are confused about online and distance education just log on to the website and get your queries answered by our expert.