The part-time MBA program adds skill to your career profile. You can pursue a master’s degree while working and learn while you earn. It can open up new opportunities for you in different MNCs. Some of the universities offering part-time MBAs also give placement assistance to the learners.
What is a part-time MBA?
A part-time MBA is a post-graduation program that you can do along with your regular course or with your job. For this, you can attend the weekend or evening classes. It is a 2-year program consisting of 4 semesters. All the management concepts along with core skills constitute the curriculum of the course.
The MBA course (part-time) has the following benefits:
- Change of career path: If you are looking for a career change then the MBA is one of the best options for you. It can open up the door to different management positions and takes your career in a new direction.
- Growth and opportunities: The part-time MBA program will help you to grow further in your career. It will help you to get a promotion for the higher level jobs which require leadership, strategy making, decision making, problem handling, etc.
- Flexibility: The part-time course is more flexible than the full-time course. It allows the learner to use and study whenever or wherever they want. The online resources and study material helps the learner to study from their own place without any constraint.
- Easy admission: getting admission to a good MBA college for a full-time course is a challenging task. It requires passing of entrance exam along with the group discussion and interview. But if you have some work experience you can easily apply for the part-time MBA program.
- Equivalent to Full-time course: The curriculum of the full-time and the part-time MBA programs are the same. Thus the degree for both courses is also equivalent.
- Increase earning capacity: Doing MBA will surely boost your career and hence your financial status. Thus, an MBA program will help you move ahead on the career graph and increase your financial security.
- Learning and earning at the same time: This program requires no break from your current work. You can easily attend the class in the evening or on weekends or online. So, no need to leave the job for higher studies.
The eligibility for the part-time MBA program is very simple:
- A candidate is required to have a graduation degree from a recognized university that is affiliated with UGC or AICTE.
- The minimum percentage required is 55%.
- Some universities offer direct admission whereas some take their own entrance. The candidates should pass the entrance exam for admission to the course.
- Scores of GATE/CAT/XAT/GRE are also acceptable.
Part-time MBA specialization:
Some of the part-time MBA subjects include:
|Part-Time MBA Specializations|
|Finance Management||HR Management|
|Marketing Management||General Management|
|Accounting Management||Sales and Marketing Management|
|International Business Management||IT and system Management|
|Retail Management||Operations Management|
|Healthcare and Hospital Management||Supply Chain Management|
|Corporate Management||Agriculture Business Management|
After completing the part-time MBA program the learner can apply for manager jobs in different specializations. The various job profiles where you can apply are:
- Account Manager
- Brand Manager
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Human Resource Manager
- Financial analyst
- Management consultant
- IT Consultant
- Risk Manager
- Production and operation manager
- Quality assurance manager
- Research analyst
- Project manager
- Area sales head.
Top MBA colleges offering Part-time MBA program
MBA from IIM
Some of the IIM institutes offer part-time MBA programs. IIMs are top management institutes in India. These are located across the country in major cities such as Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Lucknow, Indore, Kozhikode, Chennai, Kashipur, etc. The different MBA programs from such institutes are:
IIMA offers an ePGP course in Management which is of two-year duration (validity 3 years) in an interactive learning platform. The course has a classroom session of more than 850 hrs. in the virtual classroom centers. The high-definition LED screen in the centers gives the experience of a real-time class. There are 39 Virtual Classroom studios across 27 cities in India.
The key highlights of the ePGP from IIMA are:
- blended learning management program by one of the top most institute in India.
- Award of “Master of Management Studies (eLearning Mode)” degree by IIM Ahmedabad.
- designed for junior, mid, and senior-level working professionals in India with the latest technology.
- Award of IIMA Alumni memebership.
- Exposure to the world with experienced faculty and peer from different sectors of the business.
- Advancement in a career with a part-time program.
A graduation degree with a minimum of 50% marks with 3 years of working experience. The candidate must have a valid score of CAT/XAT or he has to clear the entrance exam conducted by IIMA. After this, a personal interview is conducted for each candidate which decides his selection.
The fee for the course is ₹ 20,00,00 which is payable in four installments. However, a 1000/₹ fee is towards the application. The IIMA offers admission in December and June.
IIM Lucknow offers PGP-WE, a management program for working professionals at its Noida campus. It is a two-year course but validity remains for 4 years under some circumstances. The classes are conducted from Friday to Sunday so candidates can walk into the campus and stay for two days to study. the first year of the course consists of four terms and the second year consists of three terms. Each term has 7 visits distributed over 3 months period, approximately.
Some of the major features of the course are:
- Students get an opportunity to work on live projects under the guidance of expert faculty. They learn skills in a real-time environment.
- Learning methodology includes the live case study for brainstorming.
- Helps in making a diverse industrial network during the study period.
- The Noida campus is a stand-alone campus for executive programs.
- The campus has distinguished and experienced faculty from various walks of life.
The candidate who fulfills the minimum eligibility criteria can fill up the application form available online. The shortlisting of the candidate is based on Academics, professional skills, writing tests, and personal interviews. The admission generally starts in December.
The fee for the PGPWE program is 13,55,000 INR (subject to change). The withdrawal of admission within the stipulated time period can get you a refund of the fees after the deduction of 7,500 for application charges.
IIMB offers two year MBA weekend program for working professionals. The main aim of the PGPEM is to prepare the executives for future senior-level managers. The IIMB has ranked #1 under the management category by NIRF ranking. It offers a management program that is one of the best programs in our country.
The basic features of the program are as follows:
- The program allows the user to learn the elective throughout the course.
- Weekend classes, do not need to take a break.
- It is a part of the Global Network for Advanced Management.
- Candidates handle individual projects during the course.
- Award of IIMB alumni, so, that one can have good professional networking.
- Scholarship for deserving candidates.
A graduate with 50% marks and 4 years of work experience can apply online. The application starts in the month of August (tentative). Moreover, it also accepts the valid score of GATE/XAT/CAT/or GRE. The candidate should undergo the IIMB entrance test before the personal interview.
The course fee for the PGPEM is 18,50,000 INR (the fee amount is changeable by IIMB at any point in time).
IIM Indore offers two years, alternate weekend Post Graduate Programme in Management for Working Executives (PGPMX). The program runs at the Powai, Mumbai campus of IIM Indore. PGPPX program helps the working professional get an MBA degree despite working. The main aim of the program is to make the participant aware of the global business tactics and acquire managerial skills for future prospects.
The main features of the program are:
- exposes participants to experiential learning and creates collaboration with their peers, faculty, and other industry members.
- Innovative and need-based rigorously design of the curriculum leads to bringing out an effective manager.
- Learning by the mix of lectures, case discussions, project work, term papers, role-play, seminar presentations, assignments, management games, and simulations.
- International immersion program for global environment learning.
- Distinguished Faculty from IIM Indore and industry.
- Award of IIM MBA degree after the course completion.
The eligible candidate (graduation with 50% marks and 5 years of work experience) can apply online. The shortlisted candidate require to appear for the interview and aptitude test. The application generally starts in the month of June. Payment of application fees is ₹ 5000.
The fee for the course is ₹ 17,60,000/-. It is payable in six terms during the entire course. For details visit: https://www.iimidr.ac.in/.
IIM Kozhikode offers two years part-time MBA program for the working professional with evening classes. The EPGP program consists of three modules: a Foundation course, an elective course, and a compulsory advance course. The intensive design of the curriculum makes the candidate ready for the future.
- The course of two years consists of seven quarters.
- The academic year begins in December.
- IIMK offers classes on your preference. Two evening sessions are there to choose from.
- The program includes 750 instruction hours of learning including leadership skill techniques.
- Learning through the case studies, simulation techniques, lectures, discussion, etc.
The candidate who fulfills the eligibility criteria (graduation with 50% marks and 3 years of work experience) can fill out the online form. The shortlisted candidates are required to go for the EMAT exam conducted by the institute based on the aptitude test. Upon passing the exam a personal interview will be scheduled. The candidate who passes all these is invited to take admission.
The program fee is 14,00,00/- INR plus ₹ 10,000 for alumni and 2,000 for student welfare. The program fee is payable in seven installments.
IIM Tiruchirappalli offers a two-year PGPBM for the working executive with weekend classes. The classes are conducted on the Chennai campus of the institute. The program is designed to uplift the managerial skills of the learner to the next level by world-class faculty. It is an exclusive program for all the executives as the in-class programs lay emphasis on developing an effective leader for the future.
- Students are awarded an MBA degree on the completion of the course. The course of the regular and part-time MBA is the same.
- The program helps the learner to bridge the gap between learning and doing through capstone projects.
- In class, the program gives personal attention to each and every learner.
- Weekend class: Friday evening, Saturday morning and evening, and Sunday morning.
- Curriculum based on learning with the dynamic business world.
- The campus location is easily accessible for IT/ITES from Chennai (Ekkattuthangal).
The admission generally starts in June – July. The minimum requirement is graduation with 50% and 3 years of working experience. The candidate is also required to have a GATE/GRE/or CAT valid score. It is followed by a written test and a personal interview.
The fee for the course is ₹11,80,000/- plus a refundable amount of 10,000/- INR (taxes applicable).
The blended mode (online and in campus) part-time MBA program is offered by IIM Kashipur. The program is of a 2-year duration split into six terms. There is a continuous evaluation process during the program based on the quizzes, assignments, project work, industry workshops, class participation, and so on.
the course has the following key features:
- Flexible curriculum with 40+ electives and 9 Domains.
- One-to-one meeting with faculties for the exchange of opinion (Wednesday evening).
- Online classes on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Offline class for a limited time period on the campus itself.
- The alumni status of IIM Kashipur will be awarded.
- Robust pedagogy of cases, simulations, workshops & capstone projects.
The participants with minimum eligibility( graduation with 50% marks and 3 years of work experience) can apply for the course. They are required to appear for the EMBA (Analytics) Admission Test and Personal Interview. The applications are invited from March and the session commences in April.
The total fee for the course is 12,20,000 INR which includes the program fee and caution fee (refundable 20,000). A separate application fee of ₹ 2,950 is also payable.
Part-time MBA from other Management colleges in India
1. XLRI Jamshedpur
XLRI Jamshedpur is one of the renowned management institutes in India. It offers a three-year AICTE-approved Evening Post-graduate Diploma Program as a Weekend program for working professionals. The program comprises 900 hours of coursework interaction that is spread over three years.
This program has the following features:
- The program is a mix of core courses, elective courses, and dissertations to provide a holistic approach to both practical and conceptual aspects of management domains.
- Program is a blend of the classroom as well as virtual or online classes.
- Classes on weekends, starting from 12:00 Noon on Saturday and ending by 16:15 hours on Sunday.
- 25% of the total course consists of core management teaching.
- The course is spread over nine teaching terms with 5 terms for core courses and 4 for elective courses.
The minimum eligibility for admission is graduation with 50% marks and at least 2 years of work experience in managerial/ supervisory/ executive/ownership roles. The candidates are required to fill out the application form by paying a fee of ₹ 1000 as application fees. Then they need to go for the entrance exam (candidates who have passed the CAT/GRE/GATE or equivalent exams are exempted). At last, the personal interview is scheduled after which the final list is out.
The fee for the course is ₹ 11,00,000 Approx. The fee is required to be paid in three installments. For further details visit:https://acad.xlri.ac.in/.
Faculty of management studies Delhi is one of the oldest management institutes in India. It offers a two-year evening executive MBA program for working professionals. The institute over the years has gained prominence for its learned faculty and students who today occupy dignified positions in the corporate world, both in India and abroad. The institute offers two MBA programs: MBA executive and MBA executive in health care management.
- Classes are held in the evening from Monday to Friday, and for a longer duration on Saturday.
- Two campuses in Delhi: north and south.
- A vast library with 40,000 books, journals, newsletters, etc. related to studies.
- Both the campuses of FMS are fully Wi-Fi enabled where students can access Live Databases, Online Journals, and the internet.
- Experienced faculty with deep knowledge of each and every key points.
The candidates who have passed the graduation with a minimum of 45% marks and have a minimum of 5-year work experience in the administrative role are eligible for admission. Registration for admission is online. Fill up the online application form with all the relevant details required and after the payment and verification of the qualification the admission will be confirmed by the university.
The semester fee is currently approximately Rs.48,000 for the MBA program, per semester. Therefore, the total course fee is 1,94,000 approx.
IMT, Ghaziabad is one of the best management institutes in the world. It ranks #4 private business school in the world. The institute offers PGDM-WE (post-graduate diploma in management for working executives) with weekend classes. The program helps working professionals or entrepreneurs to gain management skills and be future business leaders with the deep and intensive program of the institute.
- Flexible mode of learning with on-campus classes scheduled every alternate weekend with professional certificate courses & contemporary workshops.
- The program is based on enhancing ‘Knowledge, skill and innovative learning.
- On campus, the class brings a unique opportunity to interact with faculty and experienced peers to form a wide professional network.
- Online Havard course for sharpening global business learning.
- Class teaching comprises of case studies, role-playing, workshops, and simulation methods with project work.
- Usage of software like R, PYTHON, SPSS, etc.
- Access to more than 1500 influential PGDM-WE Alumni & over 15000 alumni from the IMT family
A candidate with A minimum of 50% marks in graduation and 2 years of work experience can apply for the course. A valid score of XAT/CAT/MAT/AMAT is also acceptable. After filling out the online form from the institute website, shortlisting will be done. Only selected candidates will be called for interviews and the final list will be released.
The total fee for the PGDM-WE is around 7,25,000/- INR. It excludes the lodging and travel charges.
Welingkar Institue of management, Mumbai
WE school or Welingkar institute offers a 3-year part-time master’s program in management. The weekend classes (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) are given on the institute campus. Moreover, the course is divided into six semesters. the major electives offered are human resource management, financial management, Information management, and marketing management.
- Award of master’s degree by the University of Mumbai.
- Highly experienced core faculty for teaching a wide range of courses.
- Peer learning as the batch is of 60 experience learning partners.
- Upgraded curriculum designed by the industry experts along with academicians.
- Access to a large source of information related to the course via library or discussion forum.
The selection process comprises of a written test followed by a group discussion and a personal interview. The applicant should be a graduate (50% marks) and have 2 years of work experience after graduation.
The fee for the students who graduate from Mumbai University is ₹ 49,755 P.A. with a ₹ 2000 deposit for the library. Whereas outside students are charged ₹ 50,155/- P.A. plus 2000 for the library.
NMIMS offers a part-time MBA weekend program for working professionals for a two-year duration. This program will give an opportunity to its participants to hone their managerial skills and enable them to contribute better to their managerial decision-making. The main focus of the program is on decision-making, analysis of the external business environment, and attaining the quality of leadership. Different specializations offered are Finance, Human resources, information systems, marketing, and operation & decision science.
- PTMBA programs are conducted on weekdays (Monday to Friday) and Weekends (Friday – Saturday – Sunday).
- The program consists of six trimesters in the span of 2 years.
- Work on the philosophy of ‘learning by doing, so the studies are conducted beyond the classroom.
- Teaching is heavily oriented toward case studies, presentations, quizzes, and assignments plus projects.
- flexibility to a working executive to learn in well-timed sessions which are set in a highly interactive academic ambiance.
The admission is online. Graduation with 50% marks plus a minimum of 3 years of working experience can apply. The candidate must take the aptitude test by NMIMS or should have a valid GMAT score (600) are eligible. The written test is followed by a personal interview after which the final selection is made. A fee of ₹ 2000 is payable towards the application form.
The approx. fee for the course is 6,32,000 (subject to change) to be payable in installments.
Part-time MBA vs. Distance MBA
|Part-time MBA||Distance MBA|
|Allows you to attend regular weekend or evening classes so direct interaction with peers and faculty.||Online classes or study material is provided. The online classes are interactive and can be recorded for future purposes.|
|Require work experience for admission and the candidate should be present for the evening or weekend class.||Do not require work experience and the candidate can study whenever, wherever they like using the online portal.|
|Fees vary from 3 lakh to 15 lakh||Fees vary from 50,000 to 5 lakh.|
|More exposure during the program as direct interaction is involved.||No direct interaction between the peers and faculty. Online interaction can be done via the internet|
|Course duration is 2 to 3 years||Course duration is 1 to 3 years|
Disadvantages of Part-time MBA
Though there are benefits of doing the part-time MBA as it helps you in getting a higher degree without leaving your job but it has some drawbacks too:
- The time period of the course in some institutes is 3 years which is more than the normal time period of a 2-year degree course.
- It is exhausting to attend the evening class after a full day of work in the office. Even after the weekend class, it will be hectic for the learner.
- Something that can be missing during the course is the full feel of the regular college visit.
- Work-life balance becomes tough till the end of the course.
A part-time MBA program helps working professionals to get an MBA degree without taking a break. It gives a chance to them to be future-ready and complete their education for prospects. If you are looking for such an opportunity then just go through the article. Hope you will find the best place for you.
Are you looking for a part-time, distance, or correspondence MBA course? If yes. then you have landed in the right place. In college compare, we analyze different courses offered by the most prominent colleges/ university in India and bring a detail of those courses under one roof. Just log on to the website and leave your worries with us.