Distance education is an emerging movement in the academic arena that aims to bridge the gap between universities and students. It delivers online education to students, eliminating the need for them to be physically present in a classroom. It remotely maintains every aspect of wholesome education, including communication between students and teachers, assessments, and access to the study material.
Symbiosis distance learning is one such initiative that strives to address the educational needs of those willing to pursue an online MBA.
The Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning is an AICTE-approved institution to satisfy a growing need for effective online education. It is one of India’s biggest and most reputed distance learning institutes. Since its conception, it has introduced innovative concepts in the distance learning field and delivered quality education to thousands of students.
The SCDL Distance MBA Program is a postgraduate business administration course put together by highly qualified professionals and respected academicians. It aims to pave the way to a successful business career for every student and give them a competitive advantage.
The curriculum has been carefully constructed to create highly competent, knowledgeable, and ethical business professionals in their practices.
- Candidates should hold a Bachelor’s degree or have graduated in any discipline from a recognized university.
- The candidate may be an International or SAARC Graduate from a recognized institution.
- Students who have appeared for the final year of their Bachelor’s degree program examination and have not received results yet may also apply. This is as long as they successfully complete their Bachelor’s degree program within the stipulated time.
It is a 2-year long course (4 semesters), and its registration period is valid for up to 4 years.
- Principles and Practices of Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Management Accounting
- Managerial Economics
- Business Law
- Production or Operations Management
- Financial Management
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing Management
- Management Information Systems
- Compulsory Subject 1
- Compulsory Subject 2
- Compulsory Subject 3
- Compulsory Subject 4 (choice of 1 elective)
- Compulsory Subject 1
- Compulsory Subject 2
- Compulsory Subject 3 (choice of 1 elective)
- Finance Specialization
- Marketing Specialization
- Management Accounting Specialization
- Human Resources Management Specialization
- Customer Relationship Management Specialization
- Operations Specialization
The fee for the application form varies as per the candidate’s category:
- General Category: ₹ 1200
- Defense/Paramilitary/Police Category: ₹ 1200
- International/SAARC Category: US $ 100
To avoid any disputes, it is essential to note that the fees cannot be refunded.
● One-time Payment
Pay the entire program fee within 30 days from the grant of confirmed admission.
● Two Installments
You can also pay the fees in two installments, as explained below.
- 1st installment: Within the first 15 days from the date of grant of confirmed admission.
- 2nd installment: Within the first 60 days of payment of the first Installment payment or on or before the last date to pay the full fee, whichever is earlier, as per policy.
|Category||One time full payment||1st installment||2nd installment|
|General||₹ 50,000/-||₹ 35,000/-||₹ 20,000/-|
|Defence||₹ 47,000/-||₹ 35,000/-||₹ 17,000/-|
Acceptable Modes of Payment
- DD (Demand Draft)
The Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning is a highly reputed, trusted, and awarded institution for distance MBA programs. The following are some of the remarkable accomplishments and recognitions it has gained over the years.
- SCDL was ranked 1st in the top distance learning schools that offer courses in Management programs by Career India 2016.
- It was ranked 1st in the category of the student learning experience by Careers 360 Rating in 2012.
- DNA Indus Learning Survey 2012 ranked SCDL as the 2nd leading institute in distance learning.
- It was ranked 3rd in the Top Distance Learning Institutes by Competition Success Review.
- Outlook has recognized it as the 8th best distance learning institute.
- It had won the Maharashtra Government’s IT Award for Human Resources.
● Diverse Range Of Programs
SCDL is also renowned for its vast curriculum scale and the diverse range of programs that it offers. Its courses are meticulously designed considering the demand, need, and prevalent gaps across various sectors. Through different distance MBA programs strives to assist aspiring entrepreneurs and enable them to secure a degree that they are passionate about.
Following are the courses offered by SCDL.
- Business Management
- International Business
- IT Management
- Banking and Finance
- Insurance Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Export and Import Management
- Retail Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Business and Corporate Laws
- Cyber Laws
- Entrepreneurship Development
- Digital Marketing Program
● Modern Delivery Style
The teaching approach at SCDL involves contemporary delivery styles with a combination of printed study books, online classroom learning, e-learning, e-mentoring, and faculty interaction.
The teachers utilize online chats and online classrooms to communicate with students and carry out discussions. These facilities allow students to interact with faculty and clear their doubts immediately.
Another highlight of the online MBA course offered by the institute is the ‘Symbiosis World Campus’. It is a powerful web portal at the heart of the Symbiosis Centre of Distance Learning. It facilitates online assignment submission, computer-based examination booking, message boards, and e-Mentoring.
● A Dynamic Assessment System
SCDL has built a robust system that provides online assignments submissions, regular computer-based assessments, and an on-demand Examinations System. This allows students to personalize their pace and style of study. It is a huge advantage for students that are also working professionals as it allows them to prioritize their professional and learning needs.
● Excellent Student Services
A dedicated call centre has been set up for communication between students and counsellors. This allows counsellors to give timely responses and guidance. It is also an e-communication facility that handles all student queries and requests quickly and effectively.
● Focus On Career Opportunities
The Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning offers a great deal of placement assistance to the students. It has received an overwhelming response from the top organizations for recruitment and partnership programs.
● Modular Course System
SCDL offers its students an option to take single courses and accumulate credits for future transfer to other programs within the Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning, thus providing flexible learning pathways.
Open the doors to new opportunities with SCDL’s MBA Program. Visit their official website for more details. If you are looking to grow your career and attract better job opportunities by availing of the distance MBA courses, College Compare can help. We assist you by providing all the crucial and up-to-date information about your dream online MBA courses.
To learn more, visit www.collegecompare.co.in and take your first step toward a successful career.