Since MBA has a broad perspective and scope, selecting the best MBA program is a difficult task. But we can do it simply by sorting out our preferences and scope in the future. Here we have brought to you some of the key factors that can make your search easy for the online MBA Program.
As per the survey by, Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) 2021, MBA graduates are more soughed recruiters. There is a 90% increase in the recruitment of MBAs after 2021. So, pursuing an MBA program will help you get a good job.
But are you ready to do an MBA? Since the graduate program requires intensive study and a lot of writing plush research work so completing the MBA needs dedication and hard work. Before moving to the selection lets us discuss why you want to do an MBA.
Are you ready to do an online MBA program?
Many students just opt for an MBA as others are doing so but this is not the right way to choose any career. First of all, ask yourself what you want to do. where do you see yourself in the future? If you like leadership, entrepreneurship, Marketing, or managing people and machine. Then the MBA course is the most beneficial course for your future.
The MBA will let you grow toward the middle to the top-level managerial post in the future. MBA is beneficial for freshers as well as experienced professionals who want to advance their careers in management. Here are some points that will let you decide if the MBA degree worthy of your career growth.
- Do you want to dedicate time to the graduate course?
- Are the investment made in MBA worthy?
- Can I handle work and the graduate degree together?
- where would I see myself in the next 10 years?
- Does the MBA degree fulfill my future goals?
- Do I have the appropriate skill to complete the MBA course?
- What is important to your career job or higher education?
If the answer to these questions takes you towards course completion then surely move ahead and enroll yourself in a good MBA college with the specialization of your choice.
Online MBA program
Online MBA program helps in transforming your career towards leadership, business knowledge, and top-level management. This course lets you get a professional degree from the comfort of your home from anywhere in the world. An online MBA is the best program for the working professional as they do have to compensate between work and higher study.
Now let us discuss some points which can ease our decision of choosing the right MBA program
Accreditation from a recognized college or university depicts the quality and standardized education. An accredited college degree is trustworthy and meets international standards.
There are two types of accreditation: regional and national. Due to the more stringent requirements, regional accreditation is typically regarded as more prestigious. Consider enrolling in a regionally accredited institution if you want to go to graduate school or get your license in the future.
Apart from this, MBA programs offered by business schools are also eligible for program-specific accreditation. These certifications guarantee that business programs adhere to professional standards.
Admission to the MBA program requires some specific skill sets that can be measured with the help of the entrance exam. General aptitude tests are conducted after the bachelor’s degree. Some of the tests are CAT/MAT/XAT/GMAT. The minimum mark required to fill up the application form is 55%. So check whether you are eligible for the test or not.
Once you get a good score on the test next you have to enroll in the best MBA college. Next, you have to appear for a group discussion and personal interview after which the final admission is done. So, make sure you are ready for this long process of admission and fulfill all the criteria for admission to the MBA.
However, if you are applying for the executive MBA you will require a minimum of 5 to 10 years of work experience, a recommendation certificate, and a purpose for the statement of why you want to pursue the course. Be ready with all these things before looking for an MBA.
Cost of course
Typically online MBA fees lie between 3 to 4 Lakh. This investment is a huge amount for a working professional to invest. So, you must check whether the investment in the MBA degree is worthwhile and by how much time you would get back your investment. What opportunities you might get after completing the course?
Some students opt for the loan facility while others go for the scholarship test. You can also find out does your organization you are working with provide sponsorship for higher education. Please take into account the policy for the sponsorship before applying for it.
Curriculum and specializations
The total credits awarded during the courses are between 55 to 60. Out of which three fourth credits are obtained from the core management subjects such as accounting, economics, business analytics, finance, operation, and so on. whereas the other one-third includes the specialization candidate has opted for.
Some basic specializations for the MBA are:
- Marketing: Marketing includes a detailed study of branding, sales, pricing, market research, digital media, and advertising. Such a course helps in building up new strategies and policies that can enhance business sales and services.
- Finance: Finance includes all the financial decisions that can impact the growth and current situation of the business. Finance is blood for any business. It helps in understanding how to utilize the money to get the best profit out of it.
- Human Resouce: Human Resources helps in understanding the need and balancing the workforce such that they are motivated towards the achievement of the common goal. Many opt for this concentration because it allows them to learn more about a particular subject in-depth without limiting their employment options.
Time of Course
The typical time duration of the MBA program is 2 years but it totally depends on the nature of the classes (online/regular or distance) by how much duration the degree would take to complete.
Even the MBA course is tailored to the part-time or full-time programs where the learners can choose the mode of learning and complete the course in the stipulated time duration. However, the duration also depends on the time the learner takes to complete the course.
Business schools having a good alumni network has a good impact on your career. You can get better opportunities after the course completion. Students who plan to work abroad after graduation or who want to learn more about a particular industry before applying for jobs can benefit most from networking.
The second thing you can consider about networking is how much the alumni are engaged within their network so that you can figure out to what extent you will be benefited from the alumni network. Thus, always check the engagement while you are looking for good networking as the less engaged wide network will be useless.
The last thing that you might be interested in with the alumni networking is where and at what position they are working so that they can help you out in getting good opportunities.
However, the online network is wide and spread across the globe so can even get the benefit of online alumni networking.
This is the foremost thing as you are looking for an MBA program to boost career growth. Check whether the college or institute you are looking for is providing placement opportunities or not.
Most of the top B-schools offers virtual placement drive to help a student get better opportunities after the course completion. So, before stepping ahead just have a glance at the placement opportunities for the online MBA or verify it with the students currently studying there.
How to refine your online MBA search
Here are some tips that can help you refine your search for the perfect online program. Some of the key points you can consider are:
- Look for must-haves: There are some things that you might be interested in that the college should have. These can include teacher-student ratio, location, average starting salaries for graduates, extracurriculars, and international study options.
- Do intensive research: research and make a list of the schools that fits your requirement. Compare all the key points and choose the best that meets all your requirements.
- Clear your doubts: In order to find out more about the program, including its culture and resources, prospective students can get in touch with admission counselors, alumni, and current students. Information provided by current and former students may be less biased than that found on a program’s website. Talk to any of your coworkers who have an MBA to find out about their experiences. What did you enjoy most and least about business school, for example? What’s your best piece of advice? What do you think are my advantages and disadvantages? Speaking with the career services division is essential when interacting with campus staff.
- Visit the campus: Throughout the year, many schools host recruiting events where interested students can tour the campus, meet faculty and students, and shadow a class. This is an excellent opportunity for prospective students to envision themselves on campus and have any remaining questions answered. Students considering an online MBA should inquire whether they can test out the course’s online platform and virtually sit in on a class. Is the distance learning format appropriate for your learning style?
Why you should go for the MBA program
There are many reasons for choosing the MBA program. Some of them are:
- MBA is among the highest-paid jobs across the globe. It is assumed that the MBAs can be recruited within the 3 months of graduate completion.
- The number of MBA graduates rose to over 197,000 in 2019, making it a well-liked degree. By fostering connections with other business professionals, professional networking can aid in the start-up or advancement of careers.
- A versatile list of specializations is available to choose from. You can go for marketing, finance, HR, operation, retail, technology, international business, and so on.
- You can go for the jo or look for your own venture. This degree makes you capable to do both things hand in hand.
Choosing the best Online MBA program can be made easy by using the above tips. If you choose the right MBA program as per your interest and industry trends then you can perform best in your career. So always be wise while choosing any career option.
College compare lets you get a deep understanding of higher education programs in India. if you are an aspirant looking for higher education courses in India just have a look at your website. We are sure our blogs will help you to select the best courses for your future.