Distance MBA in HR is a two-year postgraduate degree program for graduate students interested in pursuing a career in strategic human resources. MBA in HR is among the top most preferred specializations in MBA. The HRM lays the foundation of any business. All the policies, rules & regulations, job-related queries, and internal management is decided by the HR department.
Here, we have listed the top 5 distance MBAs in HR in India, such that you can make a wise choice.
Top 5 distance MBA institutes in HR
- Amity University, Noida
- Symbiosis Center of Distance Learning
- IMT CDL, Ghaziabad
- ICFAI University
IGNOU distance MBA in HR
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is one of the oldest universities in India offering a distance MBA in HR. Through a network of 67 Regional Centers, 2,000 or so Learner Support Centers, and 20 foreign institutions, it meets the educational needs of more than 3 million students in India and other countries. It also serves these students through 21 Schools of Studies.
- Print Study material: The students are provided with a print handbook for easy learning.
- Audio-visual aid: Live programs on learning is telecast on Doordarshan and radio to incorporate audio-visual learning aid for enhanced learning.
- egyankosh: It is one of the largest repositories with around 2500 courses and a large number of video programs of IGNOU. The repository is accessed by visiting http://egyankosh.ac.in/ for learners.
- IGNOU e-Content Mobile App: An official mobile app for digitalized learning and availability of the course material online on mobile, tablet, or computer.
- Counselling Session: Weekend counseling sessions are rescheduled and Live teleconferencing sessions are there using an interactive TV Channel. Further, the University conducts live phone-in-programs through various stations of All India Radio.
The university grants admission based on the OPENMAT exam conducted twice a year (July & January). The applications are invited online at the university website www.ignou.ac.in.
The total fee for the program is ₹ 62,000/-. Students can pay an amount of ₹ 15,500/- per semester. The minimum duration of the course is 2 years which can be completed in a maximum time of 4 years.
Amity University, Noida
Amity University is a well-known B-School both in India and around the world. It is among the top 100 business schools in India according to the NIRF 2022 ranking system. ADDOE (Amity Directorate of Distance & Online Education) is well-known for delivering quality education.
- Virtual Library: The university has the best selection of reading materials and resources available through an infinite number of virtual e-books and manuals with tools to help both teachers and students..
- Discussion Forum: Students are encouraged to participate in discussion forums as part of Amity’s distance learning programs so they can collaborate with their peers on projects and assignments.
- Guest Lectures: The industry experts are invited to the guest lectures. This helps in incorporating the interaction with the industry experts. It also develops interpersonal skills and keeps the right attitude at the workplace.
- Virtual Job Fair: Amity’s alumni both freshers and working professionals connect with recruiters virtually using live video chat interviews for job openings. Amity University is the first institution of its kind to offer its alumni this chance.
Admission to the university is hassle-free. Students are required to fill up the online application form along with the scanned copy of the documents http://addoe.amity.edu/. Once verified provisional admission is given to the students.
The total fee for the program is ₹ 1,50,000/- for the full course. The fee is required to be paid in four installments.
Symbiosis Center For Distance Learning (SCDL)
Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning (SCDL) is India’s largest autonomous distance education institute. SCDL obtains the best academic resources for teaching, evaluation, e-Learning, and self-learning material preparation from its sister Management Institutes as well as from the industry to ensure quality.
- Blended Mode of Learning: All of our programs use the “Blended Learning” methodology, which combines all three types of learning: printed or published self-learning materials and books, digital e-learning, and faculty interaction through chat sessions and an online classroom facility.
- Virtual Classroom: The SCDL has a virtual classroom that bridges the gap between the book and the classroom. Computer-based assignment system that allows students to submit assignments at any time and receive immediate results and feedback.
- Online examination: The institute has a powerful web portal: www.scdl.net, that helps in taking the online proctored examination in a secure and reliable way.
- Dedicated Student Support: Pre and post-admissions are supported by dedicated Student Support Centres across India via call center, e-mail, and WhatsApp.
Every year, the admissions process begins in May-June for the July session, and in September for the January session. Applicant must first register as a new user on the Apply Online portal, purchase a form, fill in the student details online, upload the required documents, and pay the full fee for the applied program online.
The total fee for the program is ₹ 50,000/-. However, the admission fee for the program is ₹ 1200/-.
IMT CDL, Ghaziabad
IMT CDL provides premium distance education programs that have been measured against the best in the industry. The center has been serving distance education for the last three decades. The main focus of the program is based on flexibility, professional upskilling, and career advancement for the students.
- Learning Management System (LMS): The institute has Its web portal EDUGENIE to help learner access LMS anywhere anytime.
- Industry-Oriented Curriculum: The Course contains all the relevant and latest information. It is designed under the guidance of experts in the field of management.
- Term-end examination: The examinations and assignments are scheduled on the web portal and are to be submitted within a limited time period.
The online Application form is available on the official website https://www.imtcdl.ac.in/. The students can fill out the online form and submit it by paying an amount of ₹ 1100/-. The forms can also be filled out offline and submitted to the below address:
Coordinator – Admissions,
IMT Centre for Distance Learning,
A-16, Site-3, UPSIDC Industrial Area,
The total fee for the course is ₹ 1,25,000/-. It is payable in four installments, one for each semester.
ICFAI Univeristy distance MBA in HR
ICFAI is a not-for-profit organization working for the development of society. The university has a significant mark in the Indian educational field with a pan-Indian network. The main focus during the course is on learning rather than instruction. Flexible and technologically enabled learning is also an important component of ICFAI’s teaching methodology.
- Teaching Methodology: the learning focuses on case studies, with an emphasis on acquiring practical skills, and establishing a strong industry interface. The flexibility in learning makes learning easy and understandable.
- Syndicated Learning Programme (SLP): The students are trained using the Syndicated Learning Program (SLP) model, which entails classroom discussions, mock exams, and interviews created and conducted by academic and business professionals.
- Placement: The university offers placement for virtual students and helps them get placed in reputed companies globally.
The university conducts the IBSAT online exam for admission to its MBA program on all of its campuses throughout the country. The application fee for the IBSAT exam is 1800/-.
The total fee for the program is ₹ 2,00,000/-.
College compare let’s understand the management courses in detail. If you are looking for a distance MBA course this is the right place for you.