XAT, or Xavier Aptitude Test, is an online CBT (computer-based) management entrance exam that grants qualified candidates admission to India’s top business schools. It is a national-level exam that will be conducted on 8th January 2023. A good score will help you get admission to b-Schools such as XIMB, IMT, IMI, and other top b-schools in India.
In this blog, we are going to cover all the details about the XAT exam and will provide you with an overview of admission to top B-schools across the country.
XAT Exam 2023: Highlights
The XAT exam is also considered the prominent entrance exam as it is also a national-level exam just like CAT (Common Aptitude Test). Some of the highlights of XAT 2023 are as follows:
|Name of Exam||Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT)|
|Conducting Body||XLRI, Jamshedpur|
|Exam Mode||Computer-based test (online test)|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|Medium of Exam||English|
XAT Exam Details
Candidates planning to take the XAT 2023 must be aware of a number of key dates, including the XAT 2023 notification date, XAT registration date, XAT admit card date, XAT exam date, XAT result date, selection process dates, and more. Check out the table below for more information:
|XAT exam registration date||August, 22|
|Last Date of Registration||December,22|
|Exam Date||8, January,23|
|Response sheet |
& Answer sheet
|to be announced|
|Result deceleration||31 January, 23|
|Cut-off||to be announced|
XAT exam has the following eligibility criteria for application of the online form:
- A bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- There are no minimum marks criteria or any age limit for the XAT application.
- Students appearing for the final year of the exam can also apply for the course.
The application fee for the XAT exam is ₹ 2000/-. Follow the underlying steps for the step-by-step application process:
- Log on to the official website of the XAT and click of “Register now” button.
- Fill out the details and register yourself for the XAT exam.
- Create your new account using the ID and password sent to your registered Email id.
- Log on to the profile and the required details for admission.
- Please keep the scan copy of the digital signature, photographs, and documents to avoid the last-minute hassle.
- Select the examination city and fill in all the mandatory details as per the guidelines.
- Submit the application fees and the application form.
Fee for XAT exam:
- The fee for the XAT application form is ₹ 2,000/-.
- The candidate interested in XLRI programs must pay an additional fee of Rs. 200/- each.
- For PGDM (GM), Indian applicants may use the GMAT or GRE, whereas NRI/foreign applicants may use the GMAT for all programs. Please note that GRE results are only valid for PGDM (GM).
- Fee: Rs. 2500/- for Indian candidates applying for PGDM(GM) via GMAT/GRE.
- Fee for NRI/Foreign Candidates applying to one or more programs via GMAT: Rs. 5000/-
XAT exam cities:
Agra, Ahmedabad, Aurangabad City (Maharashtra), Allahabad, Ambala, Amravati, Amritsar, Bengaluru, Berhampur, Bhatinda, Bhilai Nagar, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh/Mohali, Chennai, Coimbatore, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi-NCR, Dhanbad, Dibrugarh, Durgapur/Asansol, Ernakulam, Gandhinagar, Goa, Gorakhpur, Guwahati, Gwalior, Hooghly, Hubballi(Hubli), Hyderabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Jalandhar, Jaipur, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Kannur, Kanpur, Kolkata, Kota, Kottayam, Kurnool, Lucknow, Madurai, Mangalore, Mumbai, Mysuru(Mysore), Nagpur, Nashik, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Rajahmundry, Ranchi, Roorkee, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Siliguri, Surat, Thiruvananthapuram Tiruchirappalli, Tirupathi, Tiruvallur, Udaipur, Udupi Vadodara, Varanasi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Warangal, Tejpur, Jorhat, Rajkot, Shillong, Naharlagun.
The details of the XAT exam are as follows:
|No. of Sections||5|
|Name of sections||1. Decision Making|
2. Verbal & Logical Ability
3. Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation and
4. General Knowledge
5. Essay Writing
|Total number of|
|Total time of |
|Marking||+1 for each correct|
-0.25 for the incorrect answer
– 0.10 marks for more than 8 unattempted questions
no negative marking for the GK section
|Mode of |
- Verbal and Logical Ability: Reading comprehension, Vocabulary, Para-jumble, fill-in-the-blanksDecision Making, reasoning, and grammar.
- Decision Making: logical reasoning, Sequencing, Seating Arrangement, conclusion, statement, and assumptions.
- Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation: Tables and Caselets, Percentages, Surds and Indices, Algebra, Mensuration, Bar Diagrams, Pie Charts, etc.
- General knowledge: Science, technology, politics, current affairs, sports, world, government, etc.
Top Colleges in India offering MBA Admission based on XAT
More than 160 MBA colleges will accept XAT exam scores for admission in 2023. Other top MBA colleges that accept XAT 2023 scores besides XLRI include XIMB, IMI, IMT, XIME, IRMA, MICA, TAPMI, Great Lakes, FORE, LIBA, and BIMTECH. XLRI will release the XAT 2023 results on or before January 20, 2023.
List of institutes accepting more than 90 or 80 percentile of XAT 2023
The below institutes take into consideration the XAT score of more than 90 and 80 percentile. The students who score around the 75 percentile have to wait for the second round of counseling.
|Name of institute||Fees||Website||Apply Now|
|Institute of Management Technology Ghaziabad||19.50||https://www.imt.edu/||Apply Now|
|XIM University||21.30||https://xim.edu.in/||Apply Now|
|IMI Delhi||19.25||https://imi.edu/||Apply Now|
|Goa Institute of Management||17.00||https://gim.ac.in/||Apply Now|
|TAPMI Manipal||15.25||https://www.tapmi.edu.in/||Apply Now|
|Great Lakes Institute of|
Management Studies, Chennai
|MICA, Ahmedabad||21.00||https://www.mica.ac.in/||Apply Now|
|K J Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai||18.00||https://simsr.somaiya.edu/||Apply Now|
|BITS School of Management||21.00||https://bitsom.edu.in/||Apply Now|
List of institutes accepting 70-80 percentile of XAT 2023
The second row comes from the institute that accepts XAT scores between 70 to 8- percentile. These are also among the good management institute that offers MBA course in different subjects.
|Name of Institute||Fees||Website||Apply Now|
|FORE School of Management, New Delhi||15.90||https://www.fsm.ac.in/||Apply Now|
|Jaipuria Institute of Management Lucknow||10.50||https://jaipuriarschool.org/||Apply Now|
|Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) Pilani||9.00||https://www.bits-pilani.ac.in/||Apply Now|
|Great Lakes Institute of Management Gurgoan||16.65||https://www.greatlakes.edu.in/||Apply Now|
|VIT Business School (VIT) Vellore||7.00||https://admissions.vit.ac.in/||Apply Now|
|IMI Kolkata: International Management Institute||11.5||https://www.imik.edu.in/||Apply Now|
|Institute of Management Technology Nagpur||12.12||https://www.imtnagpur.ac.in/||Apply Now|
|ISBM Pune||11.80||https://isbm.ac.in/||Apply Now|
|Welingkar Mumbai||12.90||https://www.welingkar.org/||Apply Now|
|Amrita School of Business Coimbatore||12.60||https://www.amrita.edu/||Apply Now|
|Sri Balaji University Pune||9.40||https://www.sbup.edu.in/||Apply Now|
|BIMTECH Greater Noida||12.00||https://www.bimtech.ac.in/||Apply Now|
|Indus Business Academy, Bangalore||8.50||https://iba.ac.in/||Apply Now|
|SIES College of Management Studies Navi Mumbai||9.00||https://www.siescoms.edu.in/||Apply Now|
|IMI Bhubaneswar||8.00||https://imibh.edu.in/||Apply Now|
|Alliance School of Business Bangalore||14.00||https://www.alliance.edu.in/||Apply Now|
Apart from this, there are some institutes that take into consideration the XAT score of less than 70 percentile. These institutes are also among the good ranking institute. The students looking for admission to an MBA program but getting lesser scores in the XAT exam can look for these colleges and get the MBA degree.
College compare helps you get the latest information about Management. If you are a student looking for management courses then you just landed in the right place. Just visit the website once and get the best college for your bright future.