Distance MBA Institutes in India
Distance Education has become so popular nowadays in India. A no. of colleges are offering different courses in distance learning mode. They not only provide new skill sets but are innovative too. The most popular among all courses in the distance MBA in India which helps the mid and senior-level working professionals to gain managerial skill sets.
What is distance education?
Distance education or distance learning as the name suggest is learning through distance. The communication between the learner and the instructor is through different modes such as online, correspondence, or recordings. This type of education came into existence for the privileged people who could not come to regular classes for learning. People such as military personnel, women, rural and tribal people, etc.
But with the advent of technology, distance education has come to help the working professionals to enhance their skills and grow their careers. Most universities provide undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma, certificate, and doctoral level programs. In this article, we are going to learn all about distance education.
Types Of Distance Education
There are four types of distance education:
- Online classes: The mode of study is through the internet, where the teacher and student interaction through the internet and networking. Such classes are live sessions that can be easily attended at home. The online classes are interactive ones as the doubts are easily cleared and live examples can also be seen.
- Correspondence course: the study in this type of course through study material sent by the university for the related program.
- Hybrid course: this is a mix of both types online and correspondence. Here the students get study material, as well as online classes, are available for assistance.
- Weekend classes: some institutes offer weekend classes on their campus or in learning centers. The students come for the class on Saturdays and Sundays.
Benefits of online courses
Online courses in India have gained popularity. These courses not only help the user to get learning but are flexible. Some of the underlying benefits of online/ correspondence courses are:
- It helps the working professionals in completing education.
- The course, place, and time of studies are flexible.
- Candidates can pursue their courses and studies from anywhere, anytime.
- The work and learning can take place at the same time.
- Innovative and adaptive course materials are available for students.
- The course fees are less compared to the regular course, so helps students who need financial aid.
- It can accommodate the special student needs too.
- It helps the students who leave their studies due to some unavoidable circumstances.
- Distance education is a boon to the rural and tribal people as they can study from their homes easily.
Courses available in distance mode
A no. of courses is available in distance mode. These include certificate, diploma, undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programs.
Subjects such as Arts, science, management, law, education, language, etc. But the most popular course in distance learning is MBA. It is a professional course and helps the mid-level and senior-level working professionals to get the managerial skills.
For application to undergraduate courses, a 10+2 or equivalent degree with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent CGPA is required.
For application to PG courses. 10+2+3 or graduation or equivalent degree with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent CGPA is required.
How to apply for distance education
For online admission to distance learning, candidates need to log in to the desired portal of the institute. Then follow the below guidelines:
- Register for the course you would like to choose.
- Please look for the eligibility criteria and details twice before registration.
- Pay the registration fees online.
- Fill in the application form and upload your photograph.
- Makes sure you keep the scanned copy of the required documents.
- Let the institute verify the details and let you know the status.
- Pay the fees online (credit/debit card) or by DD in favor of the requested university.
- At last, the institute will send you the confirmation email about the admission.
Note: some institutes also conduct their own entrance exam, followed by group discussion and personal interviews. Moreover, some institutes do not offer online admission but you can download the admission form or get it from the post. Then fill it with the required details and send it to the address mentioned.
Fees for distance education
The distance education program has lower fees as compared to a regular course. The undergraduate program in arts, science, law and education varies from 10,000 to 20,000. For PG programs in arts, commerce, law, and education it varies from 15,000 to 25,000.
For the professional course such as BBA, MBA, BCA, MCA, etc. the fee varies from 50,000 to 1,00,000 depending on the institute and specialization.
Some institutes also provide EMI and Loan facilities to give financial aid to the students. Moreover, you can also pay the fees semester-wise.
If the course is in semester mode, then the exams are conducted twice a year. Whereas, if it is one year program then the exams are scheduled on yearly basis.
The exams can be conducted online or by a visit to the various exam center selected by the institute.
Top 10 distance MBA institutes In India
- IGNOU, Delhi
- Symbiosis center of distance learning, Pune.
- Amity University, Noida
- Annamalai University distance education, Tamil Nadu
- IMT, Ghaziabad
- Welingkar Institute of management, Mumbai
- NMIMS, Mumbai
- ICFAI University, Hyderabad
- Jaipur National University, Jaipur.
- Sikkim Manipal University, Sikkim
Scope, Placement, and career opportunities after MBA
A managerial degree is a must for attaining managerial skills such as leadership, motivation, entrepreneurship, strategy making, etc. These skills can be achieved by excellence in management subject.
Distance MBA makes you eligible for the job opportunities such as business development manager, marketing manager, financial manager, operation manager, accounts manager, sales manager, and human resource manager.
Although the distance education students are not eligible for placement as they are already working in some industries. But some institute has their placement cell and officer to ensure good career growth for their students.
After attaining an MBA degree from world-class institutes, the aspirants can go for better career opportunities. The distance MBA degree from a UGC-DEB, AICTE, and AUI-recognized university is equivalent to a regular course. So, one can easily apply for higher studies after course completion.
Distance MBA Specialization in demand
MBA program specialized in finance, marketing, HR, International Business, sales, and operation; supply chain is trending nowadays.
Distance Education FAQs
1. Is distance MBA valid?
– Yes, a distance MBA is a valid degree. The institute which is approved by UGC-DEB is authorized to give a valid distance education degree.
2. Does distance learning help in career growth?
– Sure, distance learning helps in career growth and opportunities. Most companies encourage their employees the getting higher education to improve and enhance their skill set.
3. Does MNC and govt. Do jobs consider distance education?
– Yes, the valid distance education degree is valid for private and govt. jobs.
4. What is the difference between distance learning and online learning?
– In distance learning the studies are one side. Course material is provided by the institute and self-learning is the main objective. Whereas online learning is a form of distance education, where the study is conducted via the internet with the use of a laptop, mobile, or tablet.