The learning never ends. Even after getting a job in a good company, you need to sharpen your skill with time in order to get updated and advance in your career. Such study along with the job lies in the category of executive courses. The executive MBA courses are specially designed for the working professional who wants to move ahead in the management field.
Overview of Execuitve MBA
A few highlights of an executive MBA are as follows:
- A course for working Professionals: The Execuitve MBA or EMBA program is designed for working professionals. It helps executives and managers brush up on their skills and gets knowledge of the current business world. Most of the EMBAs have the same schemes and curriculum as that of a regular MBA course.
- Quality education in India: There are numerous colleges, courses, and study options available, and the Indian MBA is currently going through an amazing phase. There isn’t really much of a need to travel abroad for a lucrative career, as the job market for administration professionals has been strengthened by the entry of quite a few global companies. Through their world-class infrastructure, teaching standards, course structure, and placement history, numerous MBA colleges in India have also made a significant effort to popularise such education among potential students.
- An experience of 2 to 5 years: For pursuing an executive MBA the candidate must have a minimum work experience of 2 to 5 years after graduation. This is so because the teaching methodology in the EMBA program is relatively high and requires some work experience.
- Flexibility in learning: the EMBA is one of the most flexible programs as you can opt for an online course or weekend classes or for classes after working hours. The EMBA programs can be full-time, part-time, or online.
Why you should opt for the EMBA program?
Here are the reasons why you should go for the EMBA program:
- Pursuing an executive MBA can be helpful for professionals who feel the need to upskill in order to earn a higher salary.
- Professionals looking to hone their leadership skills and move to the top level of the organization.
- Professionals who enroll in executive MBA programs in order to improve their prospects or advance their careers
- The executive MBA program will be helpful to professionals who want to improve their current position or understand the specifics of entrepreneurship.
- Professionals who want to start their own business or venture in the coming years.
- Candidates who want to take their existing business to new heights.
Types of Execuitve MBA program:
Depending on the requirements of the participants, there are various types of EMBA courses. The length of an EMBA program can range from 12 to 24 or even 30 months. The three main categories of Executive MBA programs available in India are broken down in more detail below.
One-year executive MBA program: The 12 months executive MBA is a fast-track program. The program is tailor-made and comprises the modules required to finish within a stipulated time period. It is probably a full-time course. Some of the institutes offering 1 year MBA program are XIMB, IMT Ghaziabad, ISB, and IIMs.
Two-year Executive MBA program: It is a full-time program. Most of the institutes offer this type of program. Its curriculum is just like the regular MBA program. It comprises four semesters in two years with term-end exams after each semester.
Part-time MBA program: Some institute conducts weekend or evening classes after working hours. Such programs are called part-time MBA programs. It is among the first choice of any working professional as they do not require to leave the job for higher studies.
EMBA program design
The two-year EMBA program comprises four semesters. The first year or first two semesters consist of the general study of management lays the foundation of the course. Whereas the last two semesters are for specialization study. Students can choose specializations as per their interests.
The different specializations for the EMBA program are:
- Finance Management: finance is the blood of every organization. The study of finance Management includes subjects such as capital market, money management, capital structure, risk management, accounts, portfolio analysis, and so on.
- Marketing Management: Making people aware of any product or service marketing is the key. The subjects included in marketing are digital marketing, advertising, consumer behavior, market research, sales & promotion, branding, and so on.
- Human Resource Management: Managing people at work is one of the toughest tasks. Here comes the HR management that deals with the design of the rules & regulations, and policies designing. The subjects included in the HR study are Recruitment, selection, performance appraisal, industrial relations, Labour Laws, Strategic management, and so on.
- IT System: IT management is an emerging field. It is in high demand nowadays. The subjects included in IT are Database management systems, Network operator’s management & security, Managing e-business & business intelligence, Strategic management analysis, Managing IT-enabled services, and System analysis & design.
- Other EMBA specializations are Hospitality Management, Health care management, logistics & supply chain, and a lot more.
How to get admission to EMBA Program
The following are the requirements for admission to the EMBA program:
- A valid scorecard of management aptitude tests such as CAT, MAT, and XAT.
- Proficiency in the English language
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of work experience.
- Graduation degree with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Working at least in a managerial position.
- No objection letter or approval letter by the employee.
- Letter of recommendation.
Best EMBA institutes in India
IIMs are considered the best B schools in India. But getting admission to IIM is not a cup of tea. The candidate has to get a good score in the CAT exam for getting admission. In India apart from IIM, we have good MBA colleges that provide a world-class education for the executive. The list of EMBA Colleges in India are:
|Name of Institute||Course Name||Fees|
|IMT, Ghaziabad||PGDM Executive|
|IIT, Delhi||EMBA (technology|
|NIBM, Chennai||Executive MBA Training|
(online 1 year)
|MIT WPU, Pune||EMBA|
(Weekend on campus)
|Xavier Institute of Management, Hyderabad||EMBA|
(Full time 1 year)
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune||EMBA|
|Alliance University, Bangalore||EPGDM|
(part-time 1 year)
|Welingkar School of Management studies, Mumbai|
|K. J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai||EMBA|
|NIRMA, Ahemdabad||Executive Diploma in|
|Jamia Milia Islamia, Delhi||EMBA|
Things to look for before going for an EMBA problem
There are some points that should be checked before opting for any EMBA program. Some of them are:
- Check to see if your company will fund your Executive MBA education.
- Choosing an EMBA that allows you to work and study at the same time.
- Choosing short-term EMBA courses to gain the same level of expertise in a short period of time.
- Selecting a specialty that complements your professional and organizational objectives.
- Choosing a nearby college to strike a healthy balance between work and study, as well as for convenience.
Top Executive MBA specializations for working professionals:
Before looking for an MBA course the candidate must have a look at the specializations that are available and in demand. There is numerous specialization available with most of the institutes. Some of the best specializations available are as follows:
- Infrastructure Management
- Human Resource Management
- Business Analytics
- Information Technology
- Aviation Management
- Textile Management
- Event Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Digital Marketing
- International Business
- Operations Management
- Hospital Management
- Hotel Management
- Entrepreneurship And Family Business
- Strategic Management
- Media Management
Execuitve courses are beneficial for the career advancement and development of any individual. The EMBA course not only helps in career but it results in the overall development of the employee. If you want to look ahead and move your career toward management. This EMBA course will surely help you in achieving your target.
College compare is a place where you will get all the information about management courses. If you are looking forward t making a career in the management field then this is the right place for your search.
Wishing you all the best for your future!