For decades, the Indira Gandhi Open University (IGNOU) has been providing excellent education across diverse parts of the country and beyond. The distance MBA from IGNOU is one of the university’s most popular courses. The IGNOU online MBA is a two-and-a-half-year distance education degree offered by the University, with a reasonable pricing structure.
It has thrived solely on word-of-mouth, with prominent alumni such as Deepika Padukone, Ashok Khemka, General Deepak Kapoor (former chief of army staff), and other notable personalities.
The institution offers great programs that are especially geared to developing a management aspirant across boundaries. This blog will cover the university’s many distance education courses, including the admissions process, eligibility requirements, cost structure, and more.
Respectable organizations have ranked it as the number one distant education supplier. Besides, many international corporations’ recruiters and HR departments acknowledge an IGNOU degree. In nations such as the United Arab Emirates, Singapore, Nepal, Saudi Arabia, and Europe, IGNOU has its own regional centers.
Any student who wishes to obtain a distance MBA can do so through IGNOU. The duration varies between 2.5 and 8 years. Also, companies from all geographical entities identify IGNOU as a reputed institution and recognise the degree and certifications that it offers. The UGC, AICTE, and DEB (Distance Education Bureau) have also recognized IGNOU as an authentic institution.
Plus, a High Court ruling has also recently been issued that said that an IGNOU degree makes you eligible for employment in India.
The following is a list of IGNOU’s management courses.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Financial Management (PGDFM)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management (PGDMM)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Operations Management (PGDOM)
- Post Graduate Course in Human Resource Management (PGDHRM)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Financial Markets Practice (PGDFMP)
Take a quick look at the detailed eligibility criteria and admission procedure for the online MBA course in IGNOU.
– Eligibility Criteria
The AICTE’s qualifying criteria for admission to the MBA program are as follows:
- Any graduate (including Chartered Accountancy/Cost Accountancy/Company Secretaryship) with a minimum of 50% for the general category and 45 percent for the reserved category, according to the government of India standards.
- The student must verify that their cumulative grade point average (CGPA) meets the eligibility percentage criteria.
- To enroll in an online MBA program, you must have a bachelor’s degree with at least a 50 percent aggregate (for general quota) and a 45 percent aggregate (for restricted categories). Your professional experience can be a huge plus when you are enrolling for a degree with IGNOU. There is no age limit for applying for the degree.
- IGNOU requires management candidates to pass an online admission test called the OPENMAT, which may be accessed through the university’s website. Every year, the final day to register for the exam is the 15th of July and the 15th of December.
Note: IGNOU takes a modular approach to its program offerings, which means that if a student enrolls in a distance MBA but is unable to finish all of the courses for any reason, they will be given an exit point. They will be given a Post Graduate Diploma in that particular speciality if they complete five courses at the same, along with one obligatory basic course.
– Step-by-step instructions for applying to any Online MBA Course With IGNOU
Here is a small guide for applying to any online MBA program offered by IGNOU.
- It is easy to get admission in IGNOU. Students can use the university’s website or go to one of IGNOU’s designated regional centers.
- Students must purchase a prospectus and complete the second form contained within the prospectus.
Note: Only students who have passed the OPENMAT and received an admission invitation from IGNOU are eligible to apply for the program.
- Students must enclose the papers mentioned below and mail them to IGNOU’s regional director.
- Students will get confirmation of acceptance from IGNOU a few weeks after successfully submitting the application with the data detailing the course requirements.
Please enclose the following documents:
- A photocopy of the birth certificate is required.
- Photocopies of 10, 10+2, and the graduation mark sheet.
- If the aforementioned are inaccessible, give a photocopy of your Aadhar card, passport, PAN card, driving license, electricity or phone bill, or any bank account statement.
- Acceptance of responsibility for any educational gaps as well as any other issues such as backlogs. If students are applying in their final semester, they must submit a result-awaited application that has been approved by the college.
- Two passport-sized photos in different colors
Under its school of management, IGNOU provides a distance MBA and four post-graduate diploma programs.
- Any management degree from IGNOU costs roughly 37,800 INR in total, which is relatively affordable when compared to other institutions and universities that provide the same course.
- IGNOU prefers Demand Draft as a method of payment.
- Scholarships are available, and students should inquire with their admissions counselors or universities about them. Students from underrepresented groups can apply for scholarships by visiting the university’s website for the necessary information.
- Students should put their enrollment number, address, and name on the backside of the demand draft before sending it to the regional director after completing it.
|Master of Business Administration (MBA)
|Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management (PGDHRM)
|Post-Graduate Diploma in Financial Management (PGDFM)
|Post-Graduate Diploma in Operations Management (PGDOM)
|Post-Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management (PGDMM)
|Post-Graduate Diploma in Financial Markets Practice (PGDFMP)
Although IGNOU provides a lot of flexibility to its students, many students wish to pursue their distance degree from a college with physical premises. If you are one of them, below is a list of the top colleges you might consider checking.
- NMIMS Distance Education
- MIT School Of Distance Education
- IMT Center For Distance Learning
- Symbiosis Institute For Distance Learning
- Amity University
If you’re not sure which institution to go to for further education, College Compare is a good place to start. Examine numerous institutions, compare them, make a decision, and then apply.
College Compare assists you in choosing the best colleges. With a comparative analysis of institutions, we strive to provide you with the most effective college recommendations for your higher education by listing some of the most known and high-quality institutes on the website.