IIM Calcutta is one of the oldest IIMs in India. This prestigious institute has earned international accreditations. IIMC offers various courses, including a 2-year flagship MBA. Like every year, IIMC declared an MBA 2024 notice.
They have also introduced specific changes in the Admission criteria for MBA (2024-26). Due to these changes, candidates with diverse academic backgrounds, outstanding performance in 10th and 12th board examinations, and work experience stand higher chances of securing a position in the upcoming course programme.
The Programs Offered by IIM Calcutta
Indian Institute Of Management Calcutta offers many programmes in Management. Below we are mentioning some of those that could help professionals get a better career –
- IIM Calcutta Senior Management Programme
SMP, or senior management programme, is a one-year flagship programme. It is specifically designed for senior executives that allow them to enhance their functional competencies.
- IIM Calcutta Advanced Programme for Marketing Professionals
IIM Calcutta Advanced Programme for marketing professionals is for those with three years of work experience. Professionals can learn Finance for Marketing, Negotiation Skills, designing different marketing strategies, and more in this course.
- IIM Calcutta Executive Programme in Healthcare Management
The healthcare program is a multi-disciplinary one aimed at training professionals in healthcare management and bringing changes in the Indian healthcare industry and management at a global level.
- IIM Calcutta Executive Programme in Operations Management
The Operations Management program from IIM Calcutta offers comprehensive knowledge and great skills that allow professionals to get the best practices in the manufacturing sectors. Professionals can also develop operational capabilities in process modelling, operational analytics, and leadership skills.
- IIM Calcutta Executive Programme in Sales & Marketing
IIM Calcutta’s Sales and Marketing program is ideal for those professionals who want to sharpen their knowledge of emerging sales and marketing frameworks. They can also possess the necessary skills for ensuring organisational growth.
- IIM Calcutta Executive Programme
IIM Calcutta provides a business leaders course where professionals can learn the real-time implementation of effective strategies for assured business growth. They can learn competitive market analysis, understand the business models properly, and work on real-world business challenges.
IIM Calcutta MBA Admission Process for 2024: Eligibility and Selection Process Changes
Based on the last year’s policy, IIMC has made crucial changes in the MBA admission process of 2024. Changes are listed below –
Some Changes That Are Made for Shortlisting Candidates
- CAT 2023 cut-off marks have been decided to be 85% to get eligible for admission.
- Candidates who obtained graduation marks are also reduced to a certain point.
- Candidates must score at least 75% for the CAT 2023 selection for the general category.
- The CAT 2023 selection cut-off of Quantitative Ability is reduced to 65% & below for other categories.
Screening of candidates with PI-WAT Round for the Final Selection
- WAT was not applicable last year. But, to get admission for the MBA 2024 session, it is decided at 8%.
- In the final selection process for MBA 2024, students must have 48% for the PI round.
- The overall score has been reduced to 30% for the final round.
- The academic diversity has changed to 6% from 4%, increasing the weight on academic diversity for 2024 MBA admission.
Dual Degree or Student Exchange Program
Digital Seed triple-crowned IIM Calcutta offers a unique dual degree or student exchange program with ESCP Europe under a comprehensive cooperation agreement. According to this agreement, every year, students from both institutes get an opportunity to enrol on the student exchange program as a part of their post-graduation program. Students have to undertake a one-year academic term at the respective campus during this exchange program.
In this program, a group of students from both institutes can obtain a post-graduation degree or diploma from both institutions (ESCP Europe and IIMC). The dual degree program is open for students enrolled in the IIM Calcutta MBA programme. From ESCP Europe, only the students of Master’s in Management are open to participate in the student exchange program.
IIM Calcutta from Digital Seed has clear and elaborative eligibility criteria for their MBA 2024 admission program. And students willing to be admitted under the MBA 2024 program of IIMC must fill in all the eligibility criteria. Here is a list of eligibility criteria for the IIMC MBA program 2024-
- Students under the general category who wish to enrol for IIMC’s MBA program must obtain a Bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks ( or its equivalent CGPA), and for other backward categories, at least 45% or equal CGPA.
- Students who passed in 2020,2021,2022 and 2023 (awarded passing marks or only promoted and not with CGPA) can also be admitted to the MBA program. But they must submit a declaration from the college principal or university register.
- Students with an integrated master’s or dual degree program after HSC or 12th are also eligible for the course.
- Every candidate must appear in CAT 2013 and obtain the required sectional and overall score for eligibility.
- Students in the final year of their bachelor’s degree program and waiting for their final results of bachelor’s can also apply for the MBA program under IIMC. They must provide a certification from the principal or register that the student is currently in the final year and has obtained at least 50% (or 45% marks) in their last academic year.
IIMC has already announced that the admission of the MBA program 2024 will start with the registration of CAT 2023 this August. Here is how to apply for the MBA 2024 under IIM Calcutta-
- Candidates must apply for the CAT 2023 as a part of the IIMC MBA admission process by the last date of application (August 2023).
- Candidates must also apply for the MBA admission process by the last date, the last date of CAT 2023 registration.
- Students must complete the CAT 2023 application fee, including the IIMC’s MBA admission fee.
- On the 4th page of the CAT 2023 registration form, candidates must select IIMC’s MBA program, other programs and a preferred interview city.
- After the CAT 2023 result declaration, candidates can check whether they get shortlisted for the program using their CAT 2023 registration ID and password at the IIM Calcutta’s website.
Important Dates Of IIMC’s MBA 2024
IIM Calcutta’s MBA 2024 admission process starts on the same date as the CAT 2023 registration date. The institute has announced the important admission events and their dates. Below is the list of important events and dates of IIMC’s MBA 2014 program-
|IIMC MBA admission events
|Dates – First Round
|Dates – Second Round
|Dates – Third Round
|Dates for filling in the applications
|June 30, 2023 -August 17, 2023
|August 18, 2023 -October 12, 2023
|October 13, 2023 -November 23, 2023
|Interview of short-listed candidates
|August 17, 2023
|October 12, 2023
|November 23, 2023
|Interview of short listed candidates
|September 2-3, 2023
|November 4-5, 2023
|December 9-10, 2023
Indian Institute Of Management Calcutta is one of India’s oldest and top management institutions. The institute offers several prestigious management courses, including the 2-year flagship of a full-time MBA program, 1-year full-time MBA, MBA executive and other doctoral programs. Here are some key features of this globally renowned management institute-
Institute of National Importance
The government of India established IIM Calcutta with the Government of West Bengal, the Alfred P. Sloan School of Management (MIT), The Ford Foundation and the Indian industry in 1961. The institute was declared an Institute of National Importance, formed by several eminent facilitates, including J. K. Sengupta, Jagdish Sheth and many others.
IIMC MBA Fee and Salary After
The fee for IIM Calcutta MBA and the average salary after the course completion is crucial. The admission fee for the IIMC MBA full-time 2-year course is INR 27L. The institute also offers high-pay job opportunities. The registered salary is INR35.07 LPA, and the median salary is INR 33.67 LPA.
International Student Exchange Program
Another key feature of IIM Calcutta is the international student exchange program. IIM Calcutta and ESCP Europe (previously called ESCP-EAP) have signed a comprehensive cooperation agreement. The contract has resulted in a fruitful student exchange program under which both of the institute’s students can attend one term of their course on the exchange university campus and obtain a dual degree or diploma. The students under the exchange program get an MBA degree from IIM Calcutta and a similar degree from ESCP Europe.
International Centre of Excellence
IIM Calcutta’s vision is to emerge as an international Centre of Excellence in all the grounds of management, and education of Indian societal values and ethos. For more than 4 decades Indian Institute Of Management Calcutta developed itself as Asia’s one of the widely recognised and finest business institutes. The institute also has strong ties with the business community essential for professional promotions. Currently, IIMC has millions of prominent placements across the globe and attracts the brightest young students to pursue their dream academic programs.
Step-by-step Admission Process for 2024
These steps should be followed for 2024 admission to IIM Calcutta.
- Applicants must appear and score the minimum required overall and sectional percentile in CAT in 2023 to be eligible for the first screening for admission at IIM Calcutta.
- Applicants who have a valid CAT score and satisfy the eligibility criteria of IIM Calcutta will be selected for a personal interview.
- IIM Calcutta will offer admission to candidates who have performed well in PI-PI-WAT. The final selection will depend on performance in CAT, PI, academic records, extra-curricular, co-curricular and work experience.
- Applicants who get selected may expect to receive a Final Admission offer from IIM Calcutta by the third week of April 2024.
IIM Calcutta Ranking
IIM Calcutta has established itself as one of the premier Business Schools in India. It has been consecutively ranked in the top 5 best universities for management and for many reasons.
|National Ranking Authority
|Outlook I-Care Rankings 2023
Placement Report 2023
IIM Calcutta has ended its final place for the batch of 2023. The 100% placement of the 2023 batch (consisting of 465 students) was fulfilled with 573 offers from 190 top recruiters. The finance and consulting sector has a 56% placement share in 2023. Also, Amazon, BCG and Accenture emerged as the top hirers in 2023.
- 100% placement was achieved with 573 offers, which is more than the number of students of the 2023 batch.
- The whole place process will be completed in a short time.
- The average salary is 35.07 LPA which has increased by 3% from the 34.20 LPA of last year.
- The median salary has increased by 9% from the last year.
- One hundred ninety prominent recruiters like Amazon and Accenture made offers.
- The finance and consulting sector has a 56% share in the 2023 placement.
- Some of the top recruiters include Amazon, BCG, Accenture, Bain & Co., EY, Goldman Sachs, McKinsey and Aditya Birla Group.
Cut-off for IIM Calcutta 2024 Admission
IIM Calcutta has released its cut-off marks for admission in 2024.
|Section- 1 VARC
|Section- 2 DILR
|Section- 3 Quaint
|Overall percentile of CAT 2023
IIM Calcutta has developed itself as one of the world’s finest and highest-quality management institutions. The institute was set up in 1961 and is one of the National Institutes of Importance. The admission process for IIM Calcutta MBA is about to begin. Candidates willing to enrol for the prestigious program must start their preparation. We have discussed all the essential details of IIM Calcutta MBA 2024 admission. Keep a close eye on IIMC for more updates.
Frequently Asked Questions
If my 10th and 12th scores are bad, Can I get admission to IIM Calcutta?
Answer: Admission to IIM Calcutta is possible but may be difficult if your 10th and 12th-grade point averages are low. You must have a good score by appearing in the CAT exam and have a strong profile. .
Why are courses offered by the leading institute IIM Calcutta so popular?
Answer:Being one of the topmost and leading educational institutes, IIM Calcutta is famous across the globe. Recruiters all over the world also give priority to the professionals who have done courses with IIM Calcutta.
What is the overall CAT cutoff to get admission to IIM Calcutta?
Answer: General candidates who want admission to IIM Calcutta should score at least 85% in CAT. And the cutoff is 75% for the candidates who belong to NC-OBC. It is the same for the EWS categories.
Can I Choose IIM Calcutta for my MBA Course?
Answer: Yes, you can choose IIM Calcutta for your MBA course. It is one of the most popular management institutes worldwide and is listed as a top-ranked business school globally.
How long is the MBA program at IIM Calcutta?
Answer: If you want to pursue your MBA course with IIM Calcutta, it is a complete 2-year full-time course. This specially designed course allows candidates to deal with different managerial tasks.