Human Resource Department is the department that deals with recruiting and managing the potential workforce in any organization. It is an important part of the organization as the retention of any employee is a highly concerned subject. The main focus of the MBA in HR is training and development, performance evaluation, recruitment & selection, and employee benefits.
What is MBA in HR?
An MBA in HR is a management field that deals with managing the people in an organization. It takes care of all the processes related to an employee from recruitment to retirement. The HR department plays a vital role in the success of an organization. All the policies related to the workplace and its environment are framed by this department.
The master’s in human resources is offered as the MBA or MSc degree. This department provides the necessary tools, training, administrative services, talent management, legal, and management advice that an organization needs for successful operations. The role of the HR department has been crucial as the rate of attrition and layoffs is increasing day by day. So, in order to retain the workforce, the HR department uses different policies and tactics.
MBA in HR scope
Since the HR department is a separate department in every organization (big or small) so the requirements of the HR managers are everywhere. There are many underlying benefits of the MBA in HR but we will discuss some of the main benefits:
- It is a stable job and nearly every organization needs a good HR manager to maintain its workforce.
- A good opportunity to get an increase in pay. An HR manager gets a handsome package as compared to other jobs.
- As an HR manager, you will get to know about the leadership and team handling experience.
- The HR manager also finds a place in the policy designing and decision-making process of an organization. Policies such as recruitment, performance evaluation, training, etc. cannot be designed with the HR consultation.
- After MBA in HR, one can also opt for the trainer career and impart training to the employees in different organizations.
Career option after MBA in HR
Here is a list of different career options one can go after completing of degree in HR:
- Human Resource Manager
- Human Resource Generalist
- Staffing Director
- Technical Recruiter
- Compensation Manager
- Employee Relations Manager
- Employment Manager
- Director of HR Training and Development
- Human Resource Consultant
- International HR Professionals
- Human Resource Specialist IT
- Employee Education Consultant
- Human Resource Executive
- Human Resource Entrepreneur
The candidate can also apply for the govt. sector jobs in the departments such as the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Bharat Electronics Limited, NTPC, Public banks (SBI, PNB, etc.), Oil companies, and so on. Moreover, they can also apply for the different roles in the private sector in companies like Amazon, Dell, Tech Mahindra, Cognizant, Accenture, TCS, and so on.
The duration of the full-time MBA in HR is 2 years. It can be online/ distance /part-time learning. Some of the institutes also offer diploma courses of 1 year in HR. Working professionals who do not want to leave their job prefer to get an MBA degree in online or distance learning/ Part-time mode.
MBA in HR admission process is similar to the other MBA program. The candidate must be a graduate with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized university. Moreover, passing aptitude test such as CAT/MAT/XAT is also mandatory. However, some institutes take their own test before admission. After this, the candidates appear for the interview process based on their performance the final selection is done.
Top institutes in India offering Distance/online MBA in HR
Several colleges offer MBAs in HR in India. Here we are listing some of the colleges that offer Distance or online MBA programs:
IGNOU, Delhi is one of the oldest management institutes in India offering distance education. It is approved by UGC-DEB and AICTE. The institute is accredited by NAAC with a grade of “A”. The IGNOU offers MBA in HR as a distance learning program where the course material is provided in print form. There are more than 3 lakh students enrolled in different courses in IGNOU for distance learning.
- The learning is via radio and national programs through the Gyan Vani and Gyan Darshan programs.
- Online access to the repository egyankosh where digital books help the student get in-depth knowledge.
- Committed to giving quality education in management.
- Learning centers across the country with 20 overseas institutes.
- The fee for the course is affordable so in the reach of people.
- Easily accessible IGNOU app “IGNOU E-Content mobile App” for all the relevant information.
The duration of the course is 2 years but it remains valid for 3 years.
The total course fee for the MBA program in HR is ₹ 50,000/-
For admission, the candidate must graduate with a minimum of 50% marks and has to appear for the OPENMAT exam conducted by the IGNOU. The mode of teaching is English.
Symbiosis center for distance learning
The SCDL offers PGDM in HRM for distance learners. The program focuses on developing HR leaders by stimulating critical thinking and focusing on innovations in the field. This program helps the learner integrate core business competencies with interpersonal skills crucial to managing people. The symbiosis is well known for its good placement on the campus itself.
- The institute provides print study material to all distance learning students.
- Online classes are also available for a limited time period on some topics.
- Computer-based assignments for easy to submit.
- Examinations are scheduled as per the requirement of the learner so that the candidate can learn at their own pace.
- The symbiosis world campus is a powerful web portal for the Online learning platform.
The duration of the course is 2 years, but the registration is valid for 4 years.
The fee for the course is ₹ 50,000/- payable in full. Installments facility is also available (₹ 35,000 1st installment and ₹ 20,000 2nd installment). Moreover, the fees are payable by DD or online with credit/debit/net banking.
The admission process is fully online. Go to the official website and register yourself by entering the basic details and the pay the application fees. After this, the candidates are required to fill out the full application form with documents and fees. The institute will verify the documents and confirm the candidate for admission.
Jain University, Bangalore
Jain University offers MBA in HR for distance learners. The university is among the top 10 colleges for management in India offering distance education. It is a UGC-DEB and AICTE-approved university. The course of the specializations gives you in-depth knowledge. The curriculum is designed per the dynamic environment to help the learner in real-time situations.
- Case studies and industry-based topics are taught by experts and experienced faculties.
- Anytime access to study materials, e-resources, and digital skills allows learning at students’ pace.
- Virtual and recorded lectures can be accessed anytime for clearing the concepts and doubts.
- Examinations are conducted at the prescribed centers by the University.
- All details of the programs are present in the LMS (learning management system).
- The evaluation is based on continuous assessments, home assignments, and practical and term exams that include multiple choice and subjective questions.
Course duration is 2 years, and consists of 4 semesters.
The total fee for the program is around ₹ 70,000/-. The fee is payable in four installments one each semester.
For admission, the candidate should fill out the online application form. The Jain university supports the NEW NEP policy and takes admission on the basis of the entrance exam. However, for the MBA program, one must have a graduation degree with a minimum of 50% marks.
DY Patil Centre for Online Learning, Pune
DY Patil is a prominent institute in Pune. Its online center was established to help the remote located and working professionals. The center offers MBAs in different specializations and HR is one of them. The center captures the #1 rank in the Top Distance and Online Learning Institutes by Competition success review 2021. MBA is the most sorted course of the university.
- World-class mentor and expert faculty for teaching the subjects.
- Online study mode helps in choosing where, how, and what to study.
- World-wide accepted MBA degree.
- A program based on a futuristic approach toward management.
- Learning with virtual classes, webinars, and group discussions, with expert faculty.
- Five key areas during the course lead to the development the problem solving and decision-making easy techniques.
The course duration is two years, consisting of four semesters.
The total fee for the course is ₹ 1,30,000/- to be payable in four installments. A loan facility is also available in the institute.
Online admission is invited from the eligible candidates. The candidates are requested to fill out the application form with the required documents. The university after the verification of the documents and candidate details gives the confirmation of the admission.
NGA-SCE is an autonomous institute that offers MBA in 10 different specializations and HR is one of them. The university is among the top university in India and accredited with a grade of “A” by NAAC. The course offered in distance mode is 100% online. MBA in HR learn the fundamentals of talent training and recruiting, retention, industrial relations, organizational skills, and their practical application in a corporate environment.
- Live interactive session allows experiencing the traditional classroom with peer and faculty interaction.
- Digital repository with a wide range of online newsletters, journals, case studies, and a lot more.
- The student zone can be accessed on a desktop and laptop.
- Online availability of the academic year calendar gives the detail of the classes.
- Recorded lectures with a discussion forum for doubt clearance.
The course is of two-year duration, in blended and ODL mode (four semesters).
Full-time payment is ₹ 1,44,000/- whereas, the annual payment is ₹ 77,500/year, and semester-wise is ₹ 41,000/-.
The admission generally starts in March. The eligible candidates can log on to the official website and fill out the application form along with the required documents and details. The fee is payable at the time of form submission. After verification, the confirmation of the admission will be intimated by the university.
XLRI, initiated the virtual learning program in 2002, Online Learning /Distance Learning/Part Time Management Program. The main aim of the program is to help working professionals and privileged people to get a good professional degree. The institute offers Postgraduate Certificate in Human Resource Management (PGCHRM). It gives the participants a thorough understanding of the challenges in managing human resources for dynamic, success-driven organizations.
- It offers an intensive program from a corporate management point of view.
- Online studies with a 5-day visit to the campus are mandatory.
- Learning is based on Project-based courses Lecture series, Case methods, Group work, and Assignments.
- The examination is to be carried out on the Jamshedpur campus.
- Certification of course completion by XLRI Jamshedpur in “Postgraduate Certificate in Human Resource Management”.
- The alumni status of XLRI, Creates a wide network for the future.
The course duration is 12 months including three terms and the dissertation is optional.
The total fee for the course is ₹ 3, 30,000/- to be payable in five installments. The course fee is inclusive of books, study materials, and the Campus boarding and lodging.
A graduate from a recognized university with a minimum of 1-year of working experience can apply for the course online. A valid score of CAt/XAT/GRE is also acceptable.
Chandigarh University, Distance MBA in HR
Chandigarh University offers a unique and inspirational academic model designed to match international standards. A wide spectrum of programs paired with flexibility, experiential learning, and interdisciplinary orientation. The university offers MBA in Strategic HR in association with AON Consulting. It includes the combination of the HR techniques to create a stronger organization, like recruitment, compensation, and employee relations.
- The course helps the student to be articulate in all subjects of strategic Human Resources.
- It believes in the “be local and think global”concept of study pattern so has tie-up globally with colleges in 65 countries.
- Technology Driven with training on the latest HR Analytics Software.
- Study based on the live Case-Studies from Industry.
- The blended Learning approach emphasizes both practical and theoretical knowledge.
The course duration is 2 years.
The total course fee is 4,84,000 INR to be payable in four installments (1,21,000/- per semester). Apart from this the examination fees and security de[osit of ₹ 2,000 each charged separately.
The eligible candidates can sign up or register for CUCET with basic details (Name, Email ID, Mobile No., State, Gender, and Password). The examination schedule is selected by the candidate as per convenience. Based on the result the candidates can get admission to the course.
Manipal University, Jaipur
Manipal University offers an online MBA program in HR to provide better job opportunities and increase earning potential. The Manipal University Jaipur (MUJ) has an A+ NAAC ranking with a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 3.28. The online MBA degree from the university is widely accepted by governments, corporate organizations, and higher education institutions for jobs, higher education, and future prospects.
- Teaching by acclaimed professors and industry leaders.
- An Intuitive learning platform through which students can review the course module, watch recorded video lectures, and interact with other students and professors.
- Provides great flexible professional development opportunity where students can learn on their own schedule, and study on the go.
- Full placement support by the institute. The institute plays a key role in all placement processes and helps the students place in top companies.
- The mode of teaching is online in which teaching and learning happen on a Learning Management System (LMS)
The duration of the course is 24 months (2 years). A study of 15-20 hrs/wk is mandatory to complete the course.
The total course fee is ₹. 1,50,000 whereas the student can pay in installments per semester ₹ 37,500/-.
Applications can be submitted online at www.onlinemanipal.com by providing the required details. The admission counselor will contact the student for further assistance. Once the application with all details has been submitted a confirmation will be done by the institute. An amount of ₹ 500/- payable towards the application form
Frequently Asked Questions
What is MBA in HR?
MBA in HR is basically Post graduate degree in human resources. It deals with the in-depth study of the core competencies of the subject. HR requires deep knowledge of the topics such as training and development, performance appraisal, recruitment, etc.
What is the duration of the course?
Basically, the course is of 2-year duration, but some universities and colleges offer 12 months to 15 months of HR certification courses for working professionals.
Is it full-time/ online/ Distance learning course?
The course is available in all modes of learning. For working professionals online/ distance/or part-time is available.
What is the salary after MBA in HR?
The salary after the course completion depends on the experience, knowledge, and technology gained. But the package varies from 3 LPA to 10 LPA.
What are the minimum qualifications for MBA in HR?
Most of the institutes prefer a graduate from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks. The passing and valid scores of the exams such as CAT/GATE/MAT/XAT are also required or the institute can take its own entrance exam. For executive MBA 2 years of minimum work, experience is mandatory.
College compare is all about the distance/ online education in our country. If you have any doubts regarding such education then just log on to the website and all your queries will be answered by our experts.