BITS PILANI is a deemed university with its campuses in Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad in India, and in Dubai, UAE. The institute is well-known for its flexibility and modular academic curriculum with a strong emphasis on University-Industry linkages. BITS Pilani Work Integrated Learning Programmes (WILP), is specially designed for working professionals. BITS Pilani WILP offers programs such as B.Tech., M.Tech., M.Sc., MBA, and Certificate programs for engineering and technology professionals. The BITS Pilani MBA program is based on experimental learning.
The Institute is serving us for over 42 years, enabling over 1,00,000 professionals of them in industries such as IT, Automotive, Manufacturing, Pharma, and Chemicals with better prospects.
Awards and Accreditations
- Top 10 rank among the private MBA institutes in ranking by The Outlook-ICARE MBA: 2020.
- Among the top 30 B-Schools in India by THE WEEK Hansa Research Best B-Schools Survey 2019.
- Accredited with a grade “A” by “NAAC” with a CGPA of 3.45 on a four-point scale.
- The courses offered by the BITS WILP are approved by AICTE.
- Internationally, The institute was ranked 1001–1200 in the QS World University Rankings for 2020.
- The UGC has also given approval to the MBA program.
BITS Pilani MBA for Working Professionals
BITS Pilani offers MBA for working professionals, in different specializations. It enables the learner to master the skill and be ready for the future. The curriculum for the course is designed intensively as per the industry requirement. It also updates the course from time to time. The institute offers MBA in the following specializations:
- Digital Business.
- Business Analytics.
- Consultancy management.
- Manufacturing Management.
- Quality Management
- Hospital and healthcare management
The MBA for the working professional is a two-year course comprising four semesters. The first, second, and third semesters cover four subjects each. Whereas the fourth semester consists of project work to apply the knowledge gained during the course. However, classes are conducted online on weekends or after office hours, so, no need to take a break from the job.
The program uses a Continuous Evaluation System that assesses the learners over convenient and regular intervals. Such a system provides timely and frequent feedback and helps busy working professionals stay on course with the program.
To apply for the MBA course the candidate must be:
- A employed professionals holding B.E./ B.Tech./ M.Sc./ Integrated First Degree of BITS or it’s equivalent with at least 60% aggregate marks, and a minimum of one year of relevant work experience. OR
- A three-year undergraduate degree such s B.Sc./ B.Com./ BCA or equivalent with at least 60% aggregate marks, and having studied at least one course in mathematics or statistics at the high school or higher level, and a minimum of two years of relevant work experience.
The application for the program is online. Applicants need to follow the following steps for filling up the application form:
- Register yourself at BITS Pilani and create a login at the application center.
- Once logged in you will see four steps for filling the form.
- Step 1: fill/edit or submit the application form. This will help you to select the program of your choice and fill in the basic details. Click on submit button.
- Step 2: Download the PDF: this will enable you to download a PDF to your computer.
- Step 3: Pay application fees: a fee of ₹ 1500 is payable for the application process.
- Take the printout of the form and fill in the rest of the details.
- Other details include the employer Consent Form, Mentor Consent Form, and checklist of the documents.
- Step 4: Upload and submit required documents: Upload the filled application form and self-attested photocopies of the documents.
- After receiving the detailed application form the admission cell will verify the documents and other things.
- The institute will inform the candidate via Email if the admission gets confirmed.
The BITS WILP uses the following learning methodology:
- Online lectures over weekends: the online classes are conducted on weekends or after office hours. A total of 7-8 hours per week classes take place. If you miss any of the scheduled classes you can cover it from the recording section.
- Digital learning: Learners can access learning material at their own pace which includes recorded lectures, course handouts, and recorded lab content.
- Case studies and assignment: real-world cases & assignments are both discussed and used as problem-solving exercises during the program.
- Online & Remote Labs: The students enrolled in the WILP management programs have remote access to the labs in the areas of finance, analytics, and general management. The BITS WILP believes in learning by doing, the labs help in enhancing and enriching the skill.
- Examination: The BITS takes exams in both modes: online and offline. The offline exams are conducted in the designated centers. Whereas the online exams require a good internet service along with two webcams.
Fee structure of MBA at BITS Pilani
The fee consist of the following components:
- Application Fee: ₹ 1500.
- Admission Fees: ₹ 16,500.
- Semester Fees: ₹ 60,500/ semester.
The fee is payable online using Netbanking/ debit card/ credit card. The first-semester fee should be paid with admission fees. Once admission is confirmed the candidate should deposit the application fee amount. However, the Option to pay fees using an easy EMI option is available with 0% interest.
Placement at BITS Pilani MBA
The institute provides on-campus placement to the learners. It is a tough competition as the tier 1 and tier 2 companies come for the placement with good salary packages. The learners can choose in which semester they will sit for the placement. Apart from the institute also helps the learner to prepare for the interview and make an effective CV. Thus, we can say that BITS Pilani offers good placement to the learners.
College compare is a place where you can find all information about the online and distance learning courses. We go through a number of colleges and universities and bring you the best one. So, if you are looking for an online or distance learning course you are in the right place. Just go through the website and get the best for your bright future.