The department of management studies under IIT Delhi launched the MBA program in 1997. It currently runs a two-year full-time MBA program and a three-year part-time MBA program. The MBA program at IIT Delhi is designed keeping in mind the changes in the business environment and the need of the industry. The IIT Delhi Executive MBA program is for the Indian industry to gain global competitiveness and effective management of technology.
Awards and Accreditation of DMS IIT Delhi
- DMS at IIT Delhi has received Brands Academy Education Excellence Awards 2015.
- DMS, IIT Delhi is awarded the AASBI (Asian Association of Schools of Business International) award for the top B-School with Significant Internation Influence 2014.
- ABP News National Education Awards honored DMS, IIT Delhi with B-School Leadership Award.
- Leadership Award” in 2015 at Global Conference on Business and Finance for IIT Delhi, DMS.
- DMS, IIT Delhi ranks 4th In India QS World University Ranking for Business and Management Studies in 2022.
- It is among the best B-School in India.
IIT Delhi Executive MBA
IIT Delhi offers 3 year MBA program for working professionals. The main focus of the course is on ‘Technology Management’ to gain a competitive advantage and critically understand the processes of technology in planning and strategy development. The program is effective and contributes to evolving core competencies in the Indian industry.
The Executive MBA program is of 3 years consisting of 6 semesters. The classes are conducted in the evening after 6.15 P.M. Department takes classes for MBA 4 to 5 days during weekdays i.e. Monday to Friday.
The first semester includes subjects such as management accounting, statistics for management, marketing management, business research methods, HRM systems, and ethics and values-based leadership. It helps in framing the foundation of the management.
Whereas the second semester includes subjects such as financial management, managerial economics, information systems management, business communication, and quantitative methods in management. The study of these subjects gives an overview of different specializations.
The third semester and fourth semester include the study of operations management, strategic management, the macroeconomic environment of business, and business laws. These subjects help in getting ready for the next semester. Whereas the fifth and sixth semesters are based on electives and projects.
However, DMS, IIT Delhi offers a wide range of electives for the EMBA program.
The following academic qualifications will be the eligibility criteria for admission.
First class degree or equivalent in
- Bachelor’s degree in any branch of Engineering / Technology
- Bachelor’s degree in Physical Sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Operation Research, Computer Application, Economics, Commerce, and CA/ICWAI
with a minimum of 60% marks in Bachelor degree or 6.00 CGPA on a scale of 10. Apart from this, the candidate should have a 2-year work experience post degree qualification.
A valid CAT score is also required for admission to the EMBA program. The institute releases the cut-off percentage of the CAT before the commencement of admission.
Admission Process At IIT Delhi Executive MBA
The step-by-step guide for the application process is as follows:
- Visit the official website of IIT Delhi DMS website.
- Click the lick which says “Click here to apply”.
- Register yourself, and get the login credentials.
- Once registered you will get a notification on your mail id and mobile number.
- Log in using the credential generated.
- Fill out the online form by paying a fee of ₹ 2,500/- towards the application.
- Submit the form.
The candidate who will be shortlisted will be called for a personal interview and their list will be displayed on the official website. So, please revisit the website once you submit the application form.
The admission process to the DMS, IIT Delhi starts in February. Whereas the class or session commences from June or July. Visit the official website to be in touch for seeking admission.
The tuition fees for Indian Students are ₹ 10.80 Lakh for the entire course. However, the student can pay the fess in 6 installments.
Placement from IIT Delhi Executive MBA
IIT Delhi, EMBA program is among the best management program in India. It is the most demanding program among working professionals. The institute provides good placement opportunities after the course completion. In the 2019-21 batch the highest CTC from the campus placement is 33.8 LPA. A number of recruiters take part in the placement drives, which gives immense opportunity to the learners.
The institute also provides guidance to the students from time to time for placement. They prepare candidates by taking mock interviews, resume building, and so on.
IIT Delhi is one of the prominent engineering institutes and so is its department of management studies. If you are seeking experienced faculty with course competency, you must look for the EMBA program at IIT Delhi. The versatile course structure will boost your career and take it to a new high.
At college compare, we bring you the best courses after sorting different colleges all over India. If you are looking for any information about online/distance education in India just visit the website once.